[Capture Challenge] People without people

Nice :smiley:

mere reflections we are

1 Like

@martin.scharnke Nice one. Not too bad of a fall. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

8 Likes

@ThomasM Nice shadows.

@dqpcoxeas Nice, being light on haze :clap:, but the sky-mountain edge fringe still bothering me.

2 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

Sink Estate

More gardening for Bumblebees

one of the obvious choices for people without people in this area are the

The Intriguing Millstones of the Peak District

I guess they are a bit like a Strauss Waltz in Vienna: locals being a bit too familiar but everybody else loving them

October would seem to be the time for me to attempt this as the clouds and mist  hang in the hills sometimes adding to the shot.

Nowadays my semi professional work is mainly  reportage social photography  and the equipment is tailored for this so I won’t worry if anybody else has a go  and I will only post if I’m lucky with atmospherics

I may be tempted to post a comment:  Grazie Signori   if somebody does a really good one  if not I may have to use that comment if I get around to putting something on Play Raw  and somebody does a Mozart

the thought may occur to some people that calling the area the Peak District is an a bit of an exaggeration of the size of the hills; while in one of the villages in the limestone area somebody gave me a convincing explanation: peak refers to a tribe that used to live there. There are two Hills one called Winhill and one Loose Hill and apparently  the Vikings were on Loose Hill and as you’ve probably guessed lost the battle to the peaks

I wonder if anybody complained about millstones littering the hills. There was a campaign to save a Cooling Tower nearby on the outskirts of Sheffield I rather like the idea of a local artist who wanted to put giant plastic flowers in it,sadly it was not to be

4 Likes

Some impression from trip to Norway…

6 Likes

Another couple from Norway. These were taken walking down from the roof of the opera house in Oslo:

Hopefully, it fulfils the challenge.

3 Likes

Took this today - love this old signpost and mailbox. :slight_smile: Not quite sure about fitting the brief but it’s a well and truly human creation, in more or less the middle of nowhere…
Taken with my Nokia X30, processed in darktable

7 Likes

Talking about human creation… :grinning:

2 Likes

I remember an interview with a woman whose Old English Sheepdog had won Crufts. The interviewer asked how she kept the dog looking so good. “Well”, she said, “I brush him every hour”…

1 Like

Hi
Are you sitting comfortably? Story time for ghosts…

11 Likes

6 Likes

X marks the spot… :wink:

No birds tweeting on the wires, though :grinning:

3 Likes

Are they still tweeting, now that it’s, umm, “X”?

8 Likes