[Capture Challenge] People without people

I wish I’d got more of the foreground for all of them

I prefer the second of the three church images. I like how the cross in the bottom-left matches up with the cross in the top-right. Being really picky I might have moved the camera right (or stepped back) just a smidge to give a bit of space between the top cross and the edge of the image.

Ha. Zero consensus

1 Like

I remember it’s cropped so that probably is possible to do. Thanks

1 Like

Part of the abandoned Canberra-Cooma railway, near Michalago NSW, Australia.

Also first use of the new color equalizer in the latest windows weekly build of darktable.

11 Likes

10 Likes

I can smell that carpet

1 Like

the color grading really fit the subject; the geometry of the 1st pict looks kind of strange like a crop of a “close-up” wide angle shot.
Really nice subject and pictures, congrats ! In just a few snaps it feels like we know the place :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks @clind ! Appreciate that. The first one was shot looking up at the building, then I corrected the perspective in darktable (not having a tilt-shift lens!) but I do think I may be stretching the principle a bit as the adjustment was a little extreme.

It kind of works !

1 Like

It is more challenge than it looks.

2 Likes

I miss the summer vibe.

6 Likes

17 Likes

Excellent capture @ThomasM

2 Likes

Great and slightly terrifying shot

1 Like

Thanks! Well, it might look terrifying, but it’s without people :slightly_smiling_face: It’s an art installation or whatever they call it, rather convincing indeed.

3 Likes

Thanks. Not a decisive moment of any kind, though, it’s been there for months :grinning:

1 Like

Make me think of Onomichi but could be any southern Japanese town with relief I guess. Where is that taken ?

At the Centre Pompidou in Metz, France

Reminds me of this one…

“Bear With Me”, Bristol

8 Likes