current OSX Build

new build darktable-2.7.0+2125~ga3784e491: MEGA

What’s new/changed?

see Commits · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub (~last 10 days)

new build of current master darktable-2.7.0+2272~g46b65042f: MEGA
if you encounter a crash like described in OSX: uncaught NSRangeException --> Segfault in lighttable on accessing preferences · Issue #3345 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub you need to decide which font to use an delete the unused fonts from darktable.app/Contents/Resources/share/darktable/themes/darktable-elegant-darker.css

even 3.0 is brand new development is ongoing and here is a new build of current master with bugfixes: MEGA
I changed my build settings for Catalina (DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.15) so please take this into account if errors occurs.

last current master build for this century: MEGA

Sorry but already the released version is v3.0 and already there is a v3,1 non released version so which is this version 2.7?

2.7 were the non-release, test versions of 3.0.

It‘s current master - it seems my git pull of master didn’t update the release number :wink:

I understand that it is built for OS10.15, and just for info it is not working (sadly for me) on OS10.13.6.

new build (i changed deployment target to 10.13, hope this helps) for current master - now with appropriate version tag :wink:
darktable-3.1.0+289~gf788bfff3.dmg MEGA

1 Like

Thank you for the v3.1 for OS10.13. Already downloaded and tested. And it seems that in my system it is working faster than the 3.0. Will keep testing. Thanks again

What is the difference between v.3.0 and v3.1

3.1 ist the current development version, differences see Commits · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

new build current master (Jan 11, 2020) darktable-3.1.0+333~gc95808d52.dmg: MEGA

Hi everyone, why does dev version 3.1.0 only work with macOS 10.13 or higher ? Will the next official versions be the same?

thats because of my build settings - i’m compiling it for my personal use
… the official versions seems to have different settings.

again a new build of current master: darktable-3.1.0+416~ge7acabb2c.dmg

1 Like

The official versions are built for macOS 10.7 or later; although we discovered that it won’t run on 10.7 due to a dependency on a newer version of libcups (unless you compiled it with “-DBUILD_PRINT=OFF”, in which case it will run on 10.7, albeit with no printing capability).

new build darktable-3.1.0+451~gf12feec38.dmg:

1 Like