Custom theme TooWaBooBlue 1.09 update (08 Mar 2016) (Gtk3)

Where should I find the existing RawTherapee.CSS file on a Windows and a Linux system. I have attempted to find the file on both OS’s but do not seem to be able to locate it.

In Linux it depends where you get RT from, how you installed it.
locate RawTherapee.css” is your friend.

In windows, it is in the “program files” folder, in RawTherapee / themes

Did anybody else notice a broken histogram, when RT (4.2.787, gtk3, win7/64, TooWaBooBlue 1.06) is launched as external editor (i.e. with “reduced” GUI)? It looks like when new data are displayed, old data aren’t flushed away.

No problems with the default theme or with TooWaBooBlue and the full GUI.

Edit: Screenshot is obviously from 4.2.764, when I have noticed this for the first time. I didn’t try to reproduce this on Linux yet.

1 Like

Yes, I did. :slightly_smiling: Thanks for the info.
New update to version 1.07 in first post.
Changes: Fixed histogram

Nope, didn’t yield any results either in terminal or nemo search.

Using LM17.3 Cinnamon, and the unstable git version 4.3(?)

Any other ideas?

Thank you, it works fine now!

2 Likes

New update v1.09 for for RT version 4.2.849 in first post.
cu TooWaBoo

2 Likes

Usually I work on master branch, but I just tried gtk3 branch with ‘TooWaBooBlue theme’ . That’s very good !!!

1 Like

Thanks @TooWaBoo! :slight_smile:
I work more with RawTherapee 4.2.372 (Local Lab version) and the Master one but will give v1.09 a try. Keep up the great work!

Get the latest gtk3 build, it comes with the latest version of TooWaBlue.

New RT 4.2.880 Gtk3 with buildin TooWaBlue theme can be downloaded from here:
New Windows builds: Thanks to @sguyader

RT 4.2.880 Gtk3 contains the latest version of TooWaBlue and supports theme selection in the preferences. No need to copy anything to the theme folder.

1 Like

Is the latest “theme” supposed to have blue buttons or a grey ones? I ask because v.1.09 used in 4.2.849 they are blue, in 4.2.880 with 1.09 included, they are grey. (The lines/bars are blue but not the buttons).

@DenB

Open preferences within RT and select the theme TooWaBlue. Right now you are using the original RT theme. :slight_smile:

btw. The builtin TooWaBlue theme is version 1.11

OK, thanks. Should have realized that!

Hi there! Thanks for your work on the theme! I like it. I have v880 with your theme version 1.11 running…

One thing I’ve noticed (in the last version too) is that when I try to resize the left column (in the editor, where the histogram/navigator/history are) to be snug up to the thumbnail in the navigator, to make those most editing space in the center, that left column snaps back out. I can’t tell if it’s set to a specific size or if it’s padding but I’d prefer to be able to make it snug to the thumbnail in the navigator… This doesn’t happen with the stock theme…

I took a peek at the css before writing you here but I don’t know what I’m doing so it would take me probably forever to figure it out… If you don’t want to change it can you give me the tip? Thanks

I wish that when resizing the right column all the controls in it would shrink more too, to get more space for the image. But I don’t think this has to do with the TooWaBoo custom theme but with the GUI. It looks like you can’t shrink that right column much, the max is still too wide.

They do shrink, but the longest row defines the minimum width. Mostly the limit belongs to the labes on objects. In English the labels are short, but for e.g. in French they are much longer.

I don’t know which language you are using, try another one e.g. English.

It’s the navigater table which makes the the sidebar increasing its width. It happens in the org. theme too (only a couple of pixels) and it also depends on the font size you are using.

You can change it yourself by adding the bold code to the theme.
I will add these lines in the next version

*** Label ***
.label {
padding: 0 4px;
}
GtkTable .label {
padding: 0;
}

1 Like

@TooWaBoo, you are correct, the longest row defines the minimum width.
I’m using the English version and that column is still too wide. Perhaps, shorter labels is the only solution.