darktable 3.6: Summer Release 2021

Translations are provided by the community. You should join us and help with translation!

A big thank you to all those who made this happen.

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

Still waiting for merry greetings here down on the South winter :upside_down_face:

Many thanks to all devs and those from the community who helped them!!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot to all developers for providing another sensational release. I really appreciate your work :+1: and I’m really looking forward playing raw at the next level :grinning:

1 Like

3 Likes

The translators didn’t make it in time for release unfortunately. Too many untranslated strings. It’s probable that the usual people doing polish translation didn’t had time for it since “summer” release so early it’s a bit unusual :wink:

Incredible achievement. Really is a pleasure to use. Congratulations and huge thanks to all involved.

1 Like

I also love the new euclidian norm ratio in filmic. The difference can be subtle, but its now the ratio who’s results I prefer most often.

1 Like

I’m trying to install the binary package for Ubuntu / Mint 20.10 but getting the error message:

Dependency is not satisfiable: libexiv2-27 (>=0.27.3)

Is it me or does anyone else get this?

Finally got everything up and working. Seems like my laptop needed some additional code/programs to be able to compile it source code.

Did you install all the build dependencies using apt build-dep darktable? At least on 21.04 that’s enough to make it compile. If it’s not you might need to use a newer version of libexiv2.

Edit: never mind. Didn’t read the binary package bit.

Ubuntu 20.10 will soon become unsupported.
Mint 20.1 (and its soon-to-be-published refresh, 20.2) are based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, which may not have the required libraries. You may want to use a PPA, or switch to Ubuntu 21.04. I find that LTS versions are not the best platform to run the latest software – they aim long-term stability and low maintenance, and are better for server or office use.

If you want to stay on the LTS, you can try using the darktable flatpak, which works pretty well and is kept up-to-date

Its been a long while since I considered the issue, but in the past I have been told that appimage is better than flatpak, and snap is to be avoided. Is there currently any reason to choose appimage over flatpak?

Can anyone explain why darktable-3.4.1.1-win64; darktable-3.6.0-win64 on my Windows 10 Pro 21H1 do not work - they hang when clicked.
darktable-3.4.0-win64 works reliably.

Maybe it’s just updating the database - depending on the database size this can take some time

AppImage is stand alone, just chmod the appimage and you run it. Flatpak is repo based, so you get updates in Gnome Software/Plasma discover.

I downloaded the flatpak and it loads OK, but sadly, limited support for .CR3 . Previously I have been using Citrinox’s code to get full support, so I guess its time to do a rebuild, if it’s still possible.

There are lots of Canon users out there, so maybe someone can share a simple set of instructions to merge the necessary development code.

1 Like

I had planned to make a version of the flatpak manifest that grabbed CR3 support, but I haven’t found the time yet.