darktable 4.6.0 released

Thank you so much! Have a nice Christmas :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

4 Likes

Thanks to the developers and the community on here and elsewhere. This software and its continued improvement is still amazing to me. Now I’ve got a week away visiting rellies before I can install and use it!

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! A great piece of software and improving every year !

4 Likes

Amen to all of the above

3 Likes

I can’t import new pictures.

What’s the issue exactly? Do you have the import dialog freezing?

If so, that’s a know issue that is already fixed (just a bit too late for 4.6.0) and will be in 4.6.1.

Workaround:
Edit your darktablerc and change:
ui_last/import_recursive=TRUE
to
ui_last/import_recursive=FALSE

And restart darktable. And avoid using the recursive mode in the import dialog (or do this only after clicking on a directory after selecting a place).

1 Like

In addition to what @Pascal_Obry tells you, you have the documentation on how to import images here:
https://darktable-org.github.io/dtdocs/en/module-reference/utility-modules/lighttable/import/#import-dialog

1 Like

thank you very much.
now it works.

1 Like

Good to hear! And sorry to have let this slipped through 4.6.0 :frowning:

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looks like a great set of updates, I wonder if it’s worth asking Fuji for details of their lossy raw format, Capture one were offering a free version which Fuji were promoting on their site, thats going to be withdrawn on Jan 30th, I imagine it’s the versions of Capture one express for all camera makes, but if there are no free options now for reading the lossy raws Fuji might be a bit more open to supplying details of the format or contributing some code, I don’t know

It is supported by LibRaw, so it’s not completely unknown. What’s missing is the right developer resource for RawSpeed.

3 Likes

A big thank you! :pray: Darktable is for me the most convenient and most powerful tool. Not only for careful sculpting the images, but also for fast, yet high quality edits of large batches.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to work with it.
Thank you. You doa great job. You can be proud of it.

Thank You to all the developers!

Unfortunately, on my pc darktable crashes ( the application quits without any message ) when I click on import|Add to Library… Any suggestion?

without any informations on your system, the imported images or a backtrace no one can give suggestions.

Did it make it into their non-non-public release?

OS is window 10. I just installed successfully the software. The crash occurs as soon as I click on “Add to library” button in “import” section. The application quits without any message. I’m not able to add any image. How can I launch darktable in order to give you more informations?

This says it did almost 2 years ago…

I’m really so impressed by and grateful for this new version also.
Thanks so much to all developers, packagers, documenters, translators and whoever makes this happen! :grin:

Merry Christmas to all those who celebrates so!