darktable 4.6.0 released

We’re proud to announce the new feature release of darktable, 4.6.0! The github release is here: https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/tag/release-4.6.0. As always, please don’t use the autogenerated tarball provided by github, but only our tar.xz file. The checksums are: $ sha256sum darktable-4.6.0.tar.xz 724b27e3204d1822de6dc53ea090a6b1ce55f7c32226d34642689775c68aacc2 darktable-4.6.0.tar.xz $ sha256sum darktable-4.6.0-x86_64.dmg e4e53cc1ec6a5800029f39728c024882a0357458f5c8d8e0ff16dfe034e701ed darktable-4.6.0-x86_64.dmg $ sha256sum darktable-4.6.0-arm64.dmg c2649a07410d70f5da57f9c3583f24c6a97adb994924af88f132a2232ddf7ab4 darktable-4.6.0-arm64.dmg $ sha256sum darktable-4.6.0-win64.exe 765fc4d9e67937663253f7cc4d20d4ba829e910ff92626c06dc0846e2ddc77de darktable-4.6.0.exe When updating from the stable 4.4 series, please bear in mind that your edits will be preserved during this process, but the new library and configuration will no longer be usable with 4.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.darktable.org/2023/12/darktable-4.6.0-released/
62 Likes

Thanks a lot. Great job!

5 Likes

Muchas gracias a todos por hacer esta
herramienta para fotógrafos.
En mí caso, me gustaría agradecer especialmente a Edgar Lux, que es quien traduce Darktable para la comunidad de habla hispana.
Somos afortunados por poder usar un software como este.
Enhorabuena a tod@s.

6 Likes

Big thanks to all the developers, and to the whole community!

I’ve posted the news in the darktable group on Flickr (Flickr: Discussing 4.6.0 is out in darktable) and on the drgin forums (darktable 4.6.0 is out — Digital Grin Photography Forum).

9 Likes

Well done all those devs that have donated blood sweat and hopefully not any or too many tears…

Thanks one and all for all your contributions to updating and improving DT…

7 Likes

The solstices are always my favourite days of the year!
Thanks to the entire team for their generosity and hard work!

7 Likes

Thanks to all of you devs and contributors so much once again for always improving and maintaining the best awesome software.on my laptop :sunglasses: have a wonderful :christmas_tree: time

3 Likes

Moltes gràcies per l’excel·lent treball. Esperem cada solstici amb molta il·lusió.
Many thanks for the excellent work. We look forward to each solstice with great excitement

5 Likes

My eternal thanks to all the developers who put so much passion in making darktable an exceptional tool, more and more this program grows and becomes a real option for RAW file processing and the possibilities are endless.
Thank you very much to all of you who in your free time contribute to this great community with all your experience and knowledge.

Greetings from Habana, Cuba.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

9 Likes

Thank you all!

4 Likes

Fantastic, many thanks to the developers! Is there a .deb file somewhere for ubuntu 22.04 (or alternatively, some instructions for building from source)? I am looking forward to try it.

3 Likes

Thank you again! You dev’s keep working on improvement and optimizing usability of this wonderful piece of software!

I’m on darktable since 1.0 … who could have thought, where the journey would go then.
Congratulations to 4.6 and a community that really appreciates all of your work!!

Roland

4 Likes

Fantastic job, many thanks to the developers and everybody that contributed! What an amazing piece of software!

4 Likes

THANK YOU TO ALL DEVS AND CONTRIBUTORS FOR KEEPING THIS GREAT SOFTWARE IMPROVING. IT IS MY MOST OFTEN USED PROGRAM (apart from my e-mail cliënt) ON MY LAPTOP. ALSO THANK YOU FOR THE INCREDIBLY STABLE PORT TO WINDOWS.
MARC.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Have a nice Christmas :christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

4 Likes

Thanks to the developers and the community on here and elsewhere. This software and its continued improvement is still amazing to me. Now I’ve got a week away visiting rellies before I can install and use it!

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! A great piece of software and improving every year !

4 Likes

Amen to all of the above

3 Likes

I can’t import new pictures.

What’s the issue exactly? Do you have the import dialog freezing?

If so, that’s a know issue that is already fixed (just a bit too late for 4.6.0) and will be in 4.6.1.

Workaround:
Edit your darktablerc and change:
ui_last/import_recursive=TRUE
to
ui_last/import_recursive=FALSE

And restart darktable. And avoid using the recursive mode in the import dialog (or do this only after clicking on a directory after selecting a place).

1 Like