Help test the new HDRMerge development build for macOS

I don’t know Travis, don’t use homebrew. I use some deps from macports. Some must be compiled with an old macos SDK. Apparently qt5.11 needs the SDK build as well. But that’s for a generic mac build, not necessarily needed for testing code developements. All-in-all it does sound interesting but I don’t know much about it- however I’d be more than happy to glean what I can from it’s implementation, and test.

@Morgan_Hardwood @heckflosse This addition fixes the missing 3 tool icons on mac… installing the files to Contents/Resources/ is not necessary with the compilation of the qrc file.

https://filebin.net/0hnotp9fvoy6q2tb/HDRMerge-testM.dmg?t=9tdcpe31

here ^ is a test for macOS 10.10 which uses qt5.9.6.

git describe --always
05db8e7

Hi @HIRAM, could you include the commit hash in your post when uploading new builds?
i.e. the output of

git describe --always

and in the future once we make a new tag, the output of

git describe --tags

It would make it clear to me what’s being tested in this discussion, since I cannot open DMG files without extra effort.

I can open the last version on MacOS 10.10.5, and seems to run fine. I will do some more tests this afternoon.

Thanks!

Ok, in this case I will first try to compile HDRMerge locally with my usual homebrew set-up…

https://filebin.net/4fq8f17txwgi8ynw/HDRMerge-0412739.dmg?t=2p58iq4e
Updated build for mac with latest git 0412739.

1 Like

I gave it a quick run today and looks good. The icons for the pen and eraser can be seen now, I could not notice any pink areas, worked fine with the compressed Fuji RAF files.

1 Like

10.13.6 // quick & dirty test with a 3 exp bra from pentax DNGs, looks good :ok_hand: thank you

2 Likes

Will there be also a Windows version available?

The latest mac test build @ commit a913a41
https://filebin.net/75malagn7n8sg0dj/HDRMerge_0.5.0-test2.zip?t=xvxpbnle

2 Likes

Same as post above (but new sheets {DNGS}, for the love of good some dignity).
macacos 10.14 // exported 32, 24 and 16 variants, also png’s night dress, :ok_hand:
thank you

PS
microrant - mojave’s all dark and sweet words but boy what a royal PITA summer camp of neverending fake security’s bureaucracy, that’s all; smile, peace :v:

Thanks for testing! Did you have issues with gatekeeper when launching?

no no , everything was :ok_hand: (fine / ok ), sorry 4 confussion,
rant was (offtopic and) about OS, nothing to do with hdrmerge =)

Ok. Your description of fake security and bureaucracy reminded me of the new Mojave gatekeeper feature known as App Notorization.

1 Like

This version does not start on my OSX 10.10.5 system:

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/hdrmerge
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib'

/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib'

The version from 4th of July was running OK.

Thanks for testing that…
I wonder if there was a problem in the codesign. Does turning the gatekeeper off help load the libs?

Turn off
spctl --master-disable
Turn on
spctl --master-enable

Doesn’t help…

$ sudo spctl --master-disable
Password:
$ ./hdrmerge 
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/./hdrmerge
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib'

Trace/BPT trap: 5

Ok I think a recent rebuild of libraw on my system was made without the min macosx compatibility flag set… it affects the algorithms, and I’ll have to rebuild that library.

Load command 8
      cmd LC_VERSION_MIN_MACOSX
  cmdsize 16
  version 10.12
      sdk 10.12

Is in the current configuration for that binary, hence the not working on Yosemite.

I’ve managed to get the min version down to 10.9 by adding --mmacosx-version-min=10.9 to CFLAGS, CXXCLAGS and LDFLAGS in the libraw v18 Makefile.

https://filebin.net/75malagn7n8sg0dj/HDRMerge_0.5.0-test2.zip?t=xvxpbnle