It is cool some feature if it will implement for Natron by contributor

Ok for patreon I created this page (what do you think?), as you see i have 3 project to work in and from now there is not much activity cause it is very rough as project. I think next month it will be more clear if all go well. First Natron will integrate for 3D camera and the rest will come other feature as well.

Your request for particles is in my todo for later :slight_smile:

Thank you your interest too.

1 Like

Good luck with it all!

I’ve just had a look at your Patreon page and I just have a big question. Of the three projects you mention that you mention that you’re developing, are Blackdot and Vanilla at the pre code stage? i.e. has any code been written? Also, are you the only developer on each?

I ask as developing one software is consuming enough, let alone three!

There is source code for Blackdot, feel free to make it whatever, warning it is very unstable.
Some code for Blackdot has been written but not yet published and Vanilla there are source code based 2.79b i am working on BGE 2 and new mesh system and all are experimental. Sure they are big project for me as solo, it is good for my work and to get more experience each project and they get me more motivated to coding because I do not like blocking myself on one project. The problem is my free time, if i get full time from patreon by their support and soon they will have the beta or stable version.

I was also a bit skeptic in the same way as hellocatfood.
However, I am also one who need to be on more than one project to get the right pressure.

I started to support you via patreon. Might raise the pledge when I see first results.
Keep in mind that Patreon takes time to grow:

2 Likes

I started to support you via patreon.

I’m not sure why you are writing this in reply to me. I’m not a Natron developer. Never was one, never claimed to be one.

This is a missunderstanding.
I started to support “threedslider” but posted your post to draw attention about how Patreon works.
Btw. I am already supporter of your Patreon since I love to get opensource news bundled in one clear view.

This is a missunderstanding.
I started to support “threedslider” but posted your post to draw attention about how Patreon works.

Ah, I see! I’d hate it if someone decided I was a developer and tried to send money my way for something I’m not qualified to do. So it’s all good :slight_smile:

Btw. I am already supporter of your Patreon since I love to get opensource news bundled in one clear view.

Thank you!

Thank you for your support !

1 Like

any news on what you are working on right now?

Hi,

Sorry for late to reply, yes last time i was very busy, i work on this slowly, unfortunately it will not be for now :confused:

But don’t worry i have a lot idea to adding to Natron as features and the coming next to it.

Remember i work on three project too, so it divides by three times to make it :slight_smile:

Hope to make my works more time to Natron cause i work in IT too in real life.

1 Like

When i will get more time i will review my dev in depth to make a little fast.

I still am working on it so stay tune more to come later.

2 Likes

This year I was very busy I could not finish everything because of my full-time to IT, but good news I’m half time working now from IT, I’ll be able to resume the work of the Natron with 3D tracking and among other things, we will see itself in 2020 to release a beta one day.

Thank you all for the support at Natron!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, I hope Natron catch some steam again.

This is fantastic news to hear!

Keep us updated :slight_smile:

Ok I was working hard on this project for Natron and after to review it I would say it is very nightmarre to compile on windows with all third party LOL ! Omg i don’t have time to read all full of errors and to resolve it, it is waste time ! :confused: I feel obliged to rewrite a complete somewhere in first to be comfortable :hearts: :smile:.
So I think it will be both easy for compilation if I make some change to make better, I am going to think how to reduce less for dependency… It is a lot of works yeah but it needs to have less problem too. I wll see if I can do it and I would inform you of my status.

I propose you to rewrite for UI in OpenGL 100 % because i don’t like QT4 cause it is too heavy and too problematic to work it. Thus in final with OpenGL the UI will look like fresh, light and fast on most computer can do, it is more stable and reliable than QT4 can do. Of course it will keep the same visual for tools and interface.

Doesn’t that mean you’ll have to do an entire rewrite of the UI? Also there are some other community devs porting natron to QT5:

I think @yomgui was the one working on it.

And more … It’s better to put resources into something else IMHO.

We will move to Qt5 at some point, but not this year :wink:

2 Likes

In QT5 there is some error from including comdef.h so in mingw does not have it lol