I've created a new software to cull and pick raw photos.

That is weird. Could you try this raw file: D810 raw file from dpreview?
Pls put this raw file in a single folder.

Done, I created a new folder in Pictures (Test) put the new file and try to open. Crash. Here is the new report. Later today I will try on iMac with OS Big Sur

Good news, on the iMac/OS 11.5.1the soft is working. Thus the problem I have seems to be related to the MacBook Pro and/or the old OS. If I find the problem will report here

Thanks a lot. I’ll also try it in a legacy version of macOS.

@zurdo I’ve figured out the problem for causing this issue, it’ll be fixed in next release. After the fix, QuickRawPicker can support the macOS versions >= 10.12

Great, thank you for sharing this soft. Keep it going !!!

1 Like

@zurdo

A new version v0.1.17 is released. It has been tested in macOS 10.12.6 Intel and macOS 11 ARM.

I just tested on Mac OS 10.13.6 and is also working, nice!!!

1 Like

A new version v0.2.0 is released.

• UI changed
  • add pin menu button
  • replace photo frame with chocolate photo background
  • add new version detection
  • remove unused logging functions

@aurelienpierre

Nice article.

I uses value' = pow(value, 1.0 / gamma) to render the pixel in the software. So which word do you recommend that I should use?

What it is is a transfer function, what is does is a brightness adjustment. So, depending what you want to stress (functionality vs. mean), I think these are your two choices.

1 Like

A new version v0.2.1 is released. Reloading cached photos are much faster and 4k screen users can adjust the UI scale now.

• fix slow display of cached photos
  • add UI scale
2 Likes

QuickRawPicker now has a automatic build action in Github. Every commit will generate a new nightly build by Github Action.

The nightly build can be downloaded here: https://github.com/qdwang/QuickRawPicker/releases/tag/nightly

The naming rule is:
QuickRawPicker-{latest stable version tag}-{commits since last stable version}-{current commit hash}-{OS}.zip

3 Likes

A new version v0.3.0 has been released.

• A lot of issues fixed.
  • The macOS build has been signed and notarized and no more file is damaged alert will show up in macOS.
  • Add XMP/PP3 template in settings for sidecar file creation.
  • Add thread number in settings.
  • Add DCI P3 and Rec2020 colorspace.
  • Enable local config file. (By adding an empty override.cfg file in the app folder.)
  • LibRaw is updated to support more cameras.
    • Camera Format support:
      Sony Lossless compressed support
      Panasonic v6/12 bit

• Camera support:
      DJI Mavic Air 2S
      Fujifilm GFX 50S II; GFX 100S, X-E4
      GoPro HERO9, HERO10 (if compiled w/ USE_GPR_SDK)
      Nikon Z fc
      Panasonic GH5 Mark II
      Pentax K3 Mark III
      Olympus E-P7
      Ricoh GR IIIx
      Sony A1, A7R-IIIA (ILCE-7RM3A), A7R-IVA (ILCE-7RM4A), ZV-E10
      Canon EOS M50 Mark II

Download here: https://github.com/qdwang/QuickRawPicker/releases/tag/v0.3.0

4 Likes

I am looking for a culling software to see raw images before I import them in DT (Searching for a previewer and culling software with good RAW histogram), and I met this thread.

Does it provide raw histogramm and raw over exposed/under exposed indicators?

It would be great to have them.

rawdigger does a great work on that (and lets you see individual channels before demosicing) may be you can take ideas from there.
But it lacks many other culling options (fastrawviewer implements them but lacks the histogramm options).

I will try your soft. Thank you.

It looks like it has one…too rudimentary??

I haven’t tried it just going from their screen shot…

Thanks, yes it has one, but no so great and it is not in X linear so the falls at the right are more exagerated than the real data, and you cannot change Y mode.
But it helps in judging whether there are clipped channels.
Rawdipper has much better tools for the hisogramm.

A mix from the two would be my ideal software.

I put them here to provide hints for making this software better: good histogram from raw data, a grid view of all images, a highlight compression and shadow expansion mode to judge what you can get from it (here there is the exposition adjust but that moves all the histogramm) a color tag culling and best access to that classification option and a reject option (I don’t like moving them to a folder , as the main use of a culling tool is directly from the sdcard, better to tag them).

If a import with renaming is added that would be a perfect tool.

Something like that in a culling tab in DT that you open to prepare the import would be a dream for me, or even if you have to import the images previously and the easily delete rejected.

1 Like

Ya I think ART has one in their inspector mode and hovering provides the data at least when using it in the editor view…I guess RT has one as well but I am not sure how they compare to the data you get from rawdigger… You could load them with the neutral profile and no demosaicing and see??

1 Like

Currently, QuickRawPicker contains this indicator but not raw histogram. Your advices are great and I will take them into consideration.

3 Likes