Local Lab build

Bonjour Jacques,
Is there a way to darken the Control Point area to 100% black?
Sometimes I use the Control Points to darken certain areas.

Merci

I have modified the algorithm. Now with lightness < -90 to -100, dark is increase. But we cannot completely dark to zero…

I solved a bug in “contrast” that caused a crash in some cases. :slight_smile:

Sounds good, Jacques!
Passez une bonne journée! :slight_smile:

Merci

Jacques

I added in “Preferences - Performance and Quality” a topic “Local Adjustment” - “Quality Method”.
This allows you to change the default choice - which is “enhanced + chroma denoise”. Indeed the usual pp3 files are here inoperative.
You can so if your images are without noise, use a faster algorithm. Of course the choice in the menu “Locallab” - “Global Quality” is always possible.

I updated, Rawpedia :slight_smile:

Very nice, Jacques. Thanks!
The “Color & Light” change works well.

I’m looking forward to try “Local Adjustment” and “Quality Method”.

new build RawTherapee_locallab_dev_5.0-r1-gtk3-553-gb2059f95_WinVista_64.zip available as usual at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8

@jdc
I got some warnings:

In file included from Y:/RTSOURCE/rawtherapee/rtengine/rtengine.h:22:0,
                 from Y:/RTSOURCE/rawtherapee/rtengine/iplocallab.cc:26:
Y:/RTSOURCE/rawtherapee/rtengine/rt_math.h: In function '<built-in>':
Y:/RTSOURCE/rawtherapee/rtengine/rt_math.h:45:18: warning: 'chr' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
     return b < a ? b : a;
            ~~~~~~^~~~~~~
Y:/RTSOURCE/rawtherapee/rtengine/iplocallab.cc:5257:31: note: 'chr' was declared here
                         float chr;
                               ^~~
and 
Y:/RTSOURCE/rawtherapee/rtengine/iplocallab.cc: In member function 'void rtengine::ImProcFunctions::Lab_Local(int, int, float**, rtengine::LabImage*, rtengine::LabImage*, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, int, bool, int, const rtengine::LocretigainCurve&, bool, LUTf&, const rtengine::LocLHCurve&, LUTf&, double&, double&, double&)':
Y:/RTSOURCE/rawtherapee/rtengine/iplocallab.cc:4128:17: warning: 'bfh' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
             int bfh, bfw;
                 ^~~
Y:/RTSOURCE/rawtherapee/rtengine/improcfun.cc: In member function 'void rtengine::ImProcFunctions::ciecam_02(rtengine::CieImage*, double, int, int, int, int, rtengine::LabImage*, const rtengine::procparams::ProcParams*, const rtengine::ColorAppearance&, const rtengine::ColorAppearance&, const rtengine::ColorAppearance&, LUTu&, LUTu&, LUTf&, LUTf&, float&, int, int, bool, double&, int, int)':
Y:/RTSOURCE/rawtherapee/rtengine/improcfun.cc:1261:33: warning: 'c_' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
             float Qredi = ( 4.0 / c_)  * ( a_w + 4.0 );
                           ~~~~~~^~~~~
Y:/RTSOURCE/rawtherapee/rtengine/improcfun.cc:1261:48: warning: 'a_w' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
             float Qredi = ( 4.0 / c_)  * ( a_w + 4.0 );
                                          ~~~~~~^~~~~~~
Y:/RTSOURCE/rawtherapee/rtengine/improcfun.cc:1287:125: warning: 'w_h' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
                 ImProcFunctions::EPDToneMapCIE (ncie, a_w, c_, w_h, width, height, begh, endh, minQ, maxQ, Iterates, scale );
                                                                                                                             ^

André

Thank you for this build :slight_smile:

I have not these warning…I’ll try to correct them !

Jacques

Jacques,

A circle to indicate the area affected by Local Lab would be nice to visualize the area. Sometimes what I do to work around this, is that I set Lightness to -100%, that way I can see exactly what the affected area is. Perhaps a temporary check mark to turn visualization on/off would be great.

I’m using
RawTherapee_locallab_dev_5.0-r1-gtk3-553-gb2059f95_WinVista_64.zip from:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8
It is working fine here.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

@dngimage
You can go to “Preferences / General / Local adjustements”
And checked the box “Show spot delimiters” .

It’s not “perfect”, Elipse with Cairo Graph tool does not work…I replace by multiple Béziers curves :slight_smile:

Jacques

@jdc,
“Show spot delimiters” helps!
Thanks! :slight_smile:

@jdc,
Using Local Lab, if you activate Tone Mapping and move the Strength slider around, RT Local Lab will crash.

Also, Sharpening doesn’t seem to have too much strength.

I’m using RawTherapee_locallab_dev_5.0-r1-gtk3-553-gb2059f95_WinVista_64.zip.

Thanks!

Edit: [quote=“jdc, post:236, topic:1430”]
With the help of Ingo (thanks to him), we removed the bug that led to the crash
[/quote]

RawTherapee_locallab_dev_5.0-r1-gtk3-580-gc2cd6f59_WinVista_64.zip uploaded at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8

I tried to fix this crash (I just push a change), which happens randomly…in some cases.

I have done some changes (little) to OMP and also round interger…For me now, it does not crash but I don’t know why :slight_smile:

Here’s locallab_dev running on MacOSX.

Screenshot

Chicken before:

Chicken after:

In case you can’t tell I have the “spot” on the chicken’s face, with increase in contrast and colorifics.

With the help of Ingo (thanks to him), we removed the bug that led to the crash

jacques

Here’s an updated MacOSX build:
https://filebin.net/mquyuao4lbmn8soq/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_64_5.0-r1-gtk3-580-gc2cd6f59.zip

Version: 5.0-r1-gtk3-580-gc2cd6f59
Branch: locallab_dev
Commit: c2cd6f59
Commit date: 2017-05-03
Compiler: clang-mp-3 3.9.1
Processor: generic x86
System: Apple
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.16.0
Build type: release
Build flags: -arch x86_64 -std=c++11 -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -flto -fopenmp=libomp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -Wall -Wno-unused-result -Wno-deprecated-declarations -O3 -DNDEBUG
Link flags:  -mtune=generic -headerpad_max_install_names -flto
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

With the help of Ingo (thanks to him), we removed the bug that
led to the crash
jacques

Jacques and Ingo,
The bug is gone. No more crashes. Thanks! :slight_smile:

But Sharpening doesn’t seem to work, it doesn’t do anything.

And yet it works. Of course this depends on the position of the spot, the value of “scope” and what one wants to do. I deliberately chose low settings.

Try for example on the following image, for me on this picture everything works fine
http://rawtherapee.com/shared/test_images/amsterdam.pef

Nevertheless I just changed (I just push) a few settings to increase the possibilities, especially “radius”, but watch out for the risks of artefacts
:slight_smile: