Local Lab build

Nevertheless I just changed (I just push) a few settings to increase the
possibilities, especially “radius”,

Thanks Jacques. Yes, a little more sharpen strength would help.

but watch out for the risks of artefacts

I know what you mean, artefacts, halos, and so on.

I will be absent from my home from next Sunday, for a little over a week

Jacques

@jdc,

No crashes so far! :slight_smile:

I’ll test the build with the Sharpening improvements.

Have a great break! :slight_smile:

Running RawTherapee_locallab_dev_5.0-r1-gk3-592-ge801e967_WinVista_64.zip without problems. The new Sharpening improvement is better.
Passe une bonne semaine, Jacques, et merci.

RawTherapee_locallab_dev_5.0-r1-gtk3-592-ge801e967_WinVista_64.zip uploaded at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8

RawTherapee_locallab_dev_5.0-r1-gtk3-592-ge801e967_WinVista_32.zip uploaded at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPOEZmVlBzLWlnSWc

Bonne semaine Jacques
André

1 Like

@dngimage @gaaned92

Merci à vous deux

Jacques

Just curious, is it known that LL adjustments disappear and don’t take any action if ‘Black and White’ or ‘Film Simulation’ under the Color Tab are enabled?

I was just checking out progress (which is impressive by the way) with the latest ‘locallab_dev_5.0-r1-gtk3-592-ge801e967_WinVista_64’ where I already had a film simulation applied when I noticed that I had to turn it off to see my LL adjustments… Then I noticed I couldn’t use B&W in conjunction either…

@jdc,

Local rgb:

RawTherapee_localrgb_5.0-r1-gtk3-618-g562b063b_WinVista_64.zip is running fine here.
Cool branch! :sunglasses:

@todd
I’m not sure I understand … my English is bad.

The shape detection algorithm is complex and is based on color discrimination. In the case of black and white it is obvious that there are no more colors!

Some topics nevertheless will work because the algorithm is less selective (eg CBDL, Blurr …).

For others (Color and light, Retinex …), it is necessary to increase scope, to escape a detection too selective
:).

is local lab updated to the latest RawTherapee build? Where is the latest one?

@dngimage For Windows 64, you can check https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2q9OrgyDEfPS2FpdDAtMVI1RG8 where I regularly upload new builds, or ask me if you need a new build.
I just updated dev, locallab_dev and localrgb branches.
You will find RawTherapee_locallab_dev_5.1-217-gdfffa2e8_WinVista_64.zip.

Thanks @gaaned92! :slight_smile:
I just got RawTherapee_locallab_dev_5.1-217-gdfffa2e8_WinVista_64.zip and it is working well here.
Is the plan to merge the locallab_dev with the localrgb one? I only use locallab_dev which I think is cool. I’m not sure what is in the localrgb one… Can it be done with the locallab_dev?

@dngimage
“localrgb” contains “locallab_dev”.

When you open “Local editor”, you have 2 expander : 1) local lab; 2) local rgb

For local rgb - only with one spot, for testing algorithms

1. exposure
  2. vibrance
  3. white balance

For WB, I have installed several new “auto wb” - I have found on Web (university…no code furnished, only principle: iterative, edge, etc.) , with some supplementary settings (gamma, cat02…)
The goal is to test
a) in “local mode”. I don’t think it is very usefull, but to test
b) in full image: put the spot in the center, and area to limit of preview, and transition to maxi…
After that: 1) none is good…2) some AutoWB are good to be placed in “General WB”

Jacques

1 Like

so from now, no more need to build branch locallab_dev?

Hello @gaaned92
No, first we must valid “localllab_dev” :slight_smile:

It is complicated to maintained “localrgb”, because there is “locallalb_dev” inside, but not always update…
I have begin to “mix” in march…I expected another things :slight_smile:

@jdc,

Thanks for the comments and updates.
locallalb_dev looks good!

I create a new branch “newlocallab”…

I begin a “migration” from localrgb to locallab, for “vibrance” (now) and “exposure” (soon).
Big job, because I must create Mip coordinates and manage some complex functions in multi local mode (ex slider with threshold)

Actually, you can test with “newlocallab”

1. H = f(H) in “color and light”
  2. Vibrance

With all general functions update from “dev” ! :slight_smile:

Jacques

1 Like

Here is a macOS build of newlocallab.

https://filebin.net/7lb9pjvtfp4stugz/RawTherapee_OSX_10.9_64_5.1-251-g44562322.zip

Version: 5.1-251-g44562322
Branch: newlocallab
Commit: 44562322
Commit date: 2017-07-18
Compiler: clang-mp-3 3.9.1
Processor: generic x86
System: Apple
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.16.0
Build type: release
Build flags: -arch x86_64 -O3 -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -std=c++11 -mtune=generic -Werror=unused-label -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -flto -fopenmp=libomp -Werror=unknown-pragmas -Wall -Wno-unused-result -Wno-deprecated-declarations -O3 -DNDEBUG
Link flags: -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -mtune=generic -headerpad_max_install_names -flto
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

Thanks Jacques :slight_smile:

Hopefully @gaaned92 will upload a build soon.
I can’t wait to use and test the new things!

I just push a change in “newlocallab”

Now, you have more than “localllab_dev”

1. H= f(H) in color and light
  2. Vibrance
  3. Exposure in Lab mode : No sliders for lightness, chroma (the same are in Color and Light), and only one contrast curve (you have the second curve if necessary in Color and Light). It’s obvious thar there are differences with “exposure” (in exposure panel…Lab mode instead of RGB)

I think, Mip files works, but you must delete all old mip and pp3

Now I have finished migration localrgb to newlocallab.

It remains to finish the real module RGB “White balance”…which involves both local retouching and general white balance (auto).
Which the least one can say does not arouse much enthusiasm. It is nevertheless I think one of the future major functionalities of a good software Raw

jacques