Local Lab build

@jdc Desmis :
I was waiting for the commit 78abb04 but I have not seen it…

However after install Version: 5.6-1207-ge8fbb58e0 Branch: newlocallab
and seems to fixed the problem. I think that the commit 78abb04 it has happened to me…
Thank you for fixing it.

A greeting

(g transl)

Edit:/ Found in 1207. Thank again, Desmis. Now it works fine.

commit 78abb0459291cb96c91d6287f73945b6451f6f48
Author: Desmis
Date: Sat Aug 24 20:32:48 2019 +0200
Fixed crash Color correction grid with very small spot

Hello again!. Found another crash:

1 Open image
2 Local Adjustements → ON
3 Settings-> Add

4 Local Contrast-> ON
5 ComboBox: Wavelet
6 ComboBox: Level local contrast-> Line
crash

Version: 5.6-1215-g5d2ca598d
Branch: newlocallab
Commit: 5d2ca598d
Commit date: 2019-09-02
Compiler: x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc\ 8.2.0
Processor: generic x86
System: Windows
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.24.1
Lensfun: V0.3.2.0
Build type: Release
Build flags: -mwin32\ -m64\ -mthreads\ -msse2\ -std=c++11\ -mtune=generic\ -Werror=unused-label\ -Wall\ -Wuninitialized\ -Wcast-qual\ -Wno-deprecated-declarations\ -Wno-unused-result\ -fopenmp\ -Werror=unknown-pragmas\ -Wno-aggressive-loop-optimizations\ -DNDEBUG\ -O3\ -ftree-vectorize
Link flags: -m64\ -mthreads\ -static-libgcc\ -mtune=generic\ -s\ -O3
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

@arturoisilvia

Hello
Thank you for testing… and find a bug :slight_smile:

I just fixed it (I hope) in commit 9d8aa5e

Jacques

@jdc
Tested commit 9d8aa5e
It works fine.
Thanks. Great job.

Hello!, Found another crash almost in the same place as the first:

1 Open image
2 Local Adjustements ON
3 Add
4 shape mode: Symmetrical (mouse+sliders)
5 Right: 2
6 Bottom: 2
7 Color & Light - Small defects: red eyes, dust ON
8 Lightness: -100
Crash

Version: 5.7-992-gfc7f55e54
Branch: newlocallab
Commit: fc7f55e54
Commit date: 2019-09-11
Compiler: x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc\ 8.2.0
Processor: generic x86
System: Windows
Bit depth: 64 bits
Gtkmm: V3.24.1
Lensfun: V0.3.2.0
Build type: Release
Build flags: -mwin32\ -m64\ -mthreads\ -msse2\ -std=c++11\ -mtune=generic\ -Werror=unused-label\ -Wall\ -Wuninitialized\ -Wcast-qual\ -Wno-deprecated-declarations\ -Wno-unused-result\ -fopenmp\ -Werror=unknown-pragmas\ -Wno-aggressive-loop-optimizations\ -DNDEBUG\ -O3\ -ftree-vectorize
Link flags: -m64\ -mthreads\ -static-libgcc\ -mtune=generic\ -s\ -O3
OpenMP support: ON
MMAP support: ON

Reproduced on Linux.
If Right and Bottom > 2, no crash.

As a side note, I wonder if it’s necessary to keep those (mouse+sliders) modes.

1 Like

@arturoisilvia @sguyader

Thank you for testing

I think the crash is fixed (commit a22624e), in this case and in 7 others cases where Rt-spot was too small to do calculation.

I think the change will not affect the use

jacques

Just a probably OT question: I installed this file on my external HDD:

RawTherapee_newlocallab_5.7-1007-g221fb337b_WinVista_64

Source: RTW64NightlyBuilds/ – Keybase.pub

It works fine, but I thought there was a Clarity function/slider. Is that still there? Seems I can’t find it.

@st.raw

You can find “clarity” in 2 modules -

1. in “Local contrast” - “Wavelet” - Sharp Mask and Clarity - for level wavelet you want ( for levels from 5 to maximum) - sharp mask is enabled between levels 1 to 4.

2. in “Contrast by detail level” - Residual image - for only “one” configuration (5 levels) - Sharp Mask is not possible

jacques

1 Like

Are we talking the same Dev version? RawTherapee_newlocallab_5.7-1007-g221fb337b_WinVista_64 ?

Here is what this version for me has under “Local contrast” and “Contrast by detail level” :

@st.raw

Yes, it is this version, but you must use “Local” - “Local adjustements”

jacques

I made several improvements to “denoise” and "retinex "

For “Denoise” you have the possibility to use for the chroma (“a” and “b” of Lab), DCT (Discrete Cosine Transform) that is to say the Fourier transform which completes the wavelet and allows to have an effect on the details “chroma”

For “Retinex”

• I reviewed the GUI part to make the default interface simpler
  • I added a checkbox to choose between “linear” mode and “logaritm” mode : “linear” rather to act on the contrast, “Logarithm” rather to acts on mist (add halo)
  • I change the default settings

Dehaze algoritm, when it works alone, is in Lab mode (with chroma)
Dehaze algorithm, if “strength Retinex” is superior to 0.1 is in “Luminance L” mode
Retinex algorithm is enabled if “Strength Retinex” is superior to 0.2

jacques

I just simplify code when mixed “Dehaze” and “retinex” commit c10453b

2 Likes

Some new

I deeply modified the information on the use of masks.

On the principle not change of algorithms, otherwise to ensure that each module allows the multiple use of masks in normal mode or in reverse (I found some bugs…and solved them)

You can watch the documentation (always in french) on Wikipedia, and I add some Tooltip (near masks)
https://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Local_Adjustments/fr#Algorithme_compl.C3.A9mentaire_-_Mask
Concretely you can for a RT-spot use several masks in normal mode or in inverse, with or whithout duplicate RT-spot

The masks that allow use (by activating the expander of the tool, but without using the tool) are marked with a “+”
The order of the masks is identified by a number.

To add a mask in “inverse”, you must enable a tool (expander), and use this tool with a very small value (ex Exposure 0.01),for example with this choice and the use of the curve (C = f (C)) you can desaturate the background

I added the possibility to use a “Laplacian” of 2 ways, either direct (reduces the artifacts and increases the local contrast), or with “solve PDE” which makes it possible to reduce the differences of luminance of the mask

jacques

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Others news : October 24th 2019

I am obliged to edit my previous message because PIXLS.US does not allow to put more than 3 messages without another intervention

I brought a series of new modifications, those that come from the work of Alberto Griggio(ART), those from me, and those on the masks

From Alberto (thanks to him)

• Tone Equalizer
  • Film Grain
  • Log version for Guided Filter
  • Threshold for Denoise DCT

From me:

• Threshold slider for “Wavelet Local Contrast”
  • Use FFTW in some cases instead of Gaussian Blur
  • Fixed bug, bad behavior and crash in some cases

On masks:
a) “Contrast curve mask” for all masks (mask 1 to mask 7)
b) “Local contrast wavelet curve mask” with “slider threshold” for mask 1 and mask 7
c) “Shadows mask” for mask 7
d) “Highlight mask” for mask 1
e) “Dynamic Range compression” for mask 4
Of course, I can extend these features (b, c, d, e) to all masks

Possibility for “normal” masks (not for inverse) to take into account the deltaE of the original image to differentiate the action on the mask (menu settings)

Possibility of “short circuit” mask curves L(L) and L(H) (menu settings):

• this allows to work on the possible combinations of the work in progress and the original image (via a mask)
  • usable for mask : 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7
  • all the treatments mentioned above (a to e), and gamma - slope, and Chroma, can be used

Possibilty to change Luminance background Mask (menu settings)

Reminder:
1)you can combine the masks with or without creating a new RT-spot, in “normal” or “inverse” mode
2) you can use “Local adjustments” in full-frame mode (RT-spot beyond the boundaries of the image), with Scope, etc. today manually, Pierre Cabrera @Pandagrapher is, I think, working on this topic to make it more user-friendly

Rawpedia (in French) has been update: Local Adjustments/fr - RawPedia

Jacques

//////////////////////////////////////////////
November 14th, 2019
Another new !

I brought a series of new features (I hope no bugs :slight_smile: ):

1. Recursives references
    ** note that this addition has resulted in a significant malfunction of virtually all “locallab”, due to 4 lines of code in improccoordinator.cc – “it’s the story of the cat biting its tail”, since november 13th this issue is solved, thanks to @arturoisilvia
    ** this functionnality (in Settings) allows the 4 references to calculate deltaE (hue, chroma, luma, sobel) to be update after each module, and each new spot

2. Tone equalizer
    ** I add “TRC” (Tone Response Curve) : an other way to play with Shadows and Highlight

3. Mask deltaE images
    ** As you know masks (except for Retinex and tone-mapping) are generate “before” calculation of each module. This mean that the variations due to the mask are taken into account for “scope” but after calculation.
    ** This option in “settings” allows to take into account deltaE to generate mask
    ** enabled with a checkbox, and set with slider “Scope Mask deltaE image”

In module “Color and Light”
4) “rgb tone curves” with 4 choice :" standard, weighted standard, luminance, Film Like", with a checbox “Special use of RGB curves” - this choice disable completely “Scope”

1. Merge file with 3 actives choices :
    ** Short curves ‘L’ mask (as said before)
    ** Original image : the current image is merge with “original” (before all “locallab” threatment)
    ** Previous Spot : the current image is merge with “Previous Spot”
    ** you can use for merge : normal, substract, difference, multiply, addition, divide, soft light, hard light, overlay, screen, darken only, lighten only, exclusion
    ** you can set : opacity and contrast theshold

2. For mask 7 (Color and Light) and mask 1 (Smooth Blur and Denoise), I have added a new type of mask : “Structure mask” to differentiate the action between the contrasting reliefs and the flat areas

• a slider “Structure mask” allow to choice the intensity
  • a checkbox “Structure mask as tool”, allow either to use “Structure mask” to generate a mask with the same manner as curves LCH or either to use “structure” to modify mask generate by curves LCH
  • of course, if need, I can equip each mask with this feature

Rawpedia (in French) has been update: Local Adjustments/fr - RawPedia

jacques

4 Likes

Hi,
I have been loving the LocalLab builds, the local adjustments and capture sharpening are amazing, a great addition to RT. Recently, I decided to update from RawTherapee-newlocallab-5.7-1019-g57d5117-20190918 to RawTherapee-newlocallab-5.7-1366-gcbba212-20191111.
Everything seemed fine and the capture sharpening had improved. But, playing with it a little more, I now find that opening some pictures I’d processed in the earlier build causes RT to crash.
I tried the newest RawTherapee-newlocallab-5.7-1390-g8596877-20191114 and got the same crashes when opening the same pictures. Some other pictures, that had been edited before, opened fine.
I picked one picture that refused to open and tried it in the stable build and it opens fine. I tried it in the RawTherapee-newlocallab-5.7-1019-g57d5117-20190918 version I’d been using until a few days ago, and it also opens fine.
So i started disabling settings to try to find if one of them was causing the crash. It seems to me like its the Wavelet Denoise. If I disable that in the older unstable build or the stable point release, then I can open the file in the newest development build and it works fine…until and unless I enable wavelet denoise, then it crashes immediately.
I realize these are literally “unstable” builds so I expect hiccups like this here and there, just wondering if anybody else experiences the same thing, if there might actually be a problem with Wavelet Denoise in these build lately, or maybe I should be diagnosing my own self and computer first before asking here. IMG_9856.CR2.pp3 (11.8 KB)
Not sure if my attachment worked there but I’ve tried to attach the PP3 in case anybody wants to look at it, maybe I’m doing it wrong, it wouldn’t be the first time.
Anyway I can obviously just use the older one or the actual stable point release, just wondering if this is an actual thing or I’m doing something wrong.
Cheers

@Django

Yes there were versions that crashed, many crash have been solved
The one with wavelet was fixed on - commit 839bad1 November 7th

Others have been solved recently, after @arturoisilvia warn me, for example

if you can provide the raw in addition to pp3 this is good, otherwise it’s almost impossible mission

jacques

I just open your pp3 above,
[Locallab]
Enabled=false
Nbspot=0
Selspot=0

You don’t use “Locallab”

IMG_9856.CR2 (20.0 MB) IMG_9856.CR2.pp3 (11.8 KB)

Here’s the raw with pp3. I’ve since tried enabling wavelet denoise on some other photos that have no settings and as soon as I touch one of the sliders it crashes.

This isn’t that big of a deal for me really because I am finding I get great results now with the regular noise reduction tool with luminance set to 100% and dragging the detail slider way up until things look good.

But the two newest build I’ve tried have been crashing like this with the wavelet denoise. Good thing I also keep the old ones too.

I absolutely love the local adjustments and capture sharpening…although I’ll admit I’ve barely learned to use the local adjustments yet, just a little, but they seem great so far.

Cheers

@Django

What denoise wavelet are you talking about? 1) the one in locallab, or 2) that of the main menu plain image ?

If it is the second one 2), you must open a new section, or open an issue on Github

Nevertheless i am going to have a look (even if it is 2)

jacques

@Django

I open your image, with the pp3

I used “Noise reduction” in main menu:
I play with curves, sliders,… no crash

jacques

@Django
I just tested with others “denoise”

With locallab denoise no problem

But effectively with “wavelet level” the system crash, and now my computer hang !!
Impossible to open image…
But it is not the good section, no relationship with “locallab”

Open an issue or a section in Pixl.us

jacques

@django

I test with different build, and I am surprise…
If I use a “non locallab” build, I can open wavelet level, and it works

if I use “locallab”, and open “wavelet level” -which I do not use in locallab…at all
If I try to open “wavelet level” there is immediatly a crash

Why , I don’t know, perhaps the sharing of the library and files “cplx_wavelet”, I use for “Denoise local” and also for “local contrast”

@heckflosse
Could you have a look, at this mysterious problem

So actually it’s a problem with the locallab build, even if it does not use any of the features of wavelet level, so all my ecuses you’re right

jacques

@heckflosse

When I try to open a file in "build locallab "
If I open “wavelet level” all is good
if I open any “expander” all is good
if I open “denoise” and push a slider a slider “denoise” the system crash

The common point is the functions called which are in “Ftblockdn.cc”, but why ?

I found the place of the bug, : it is in Ftblockdn.cc and in ImProcFunctions::ShrinkAllL, to see ??

@heckflosse
@Django
I have found the bug, I will commit soon (it’s my fault !)

Jacques

I just commit a change ce282f5
I think all is good now
@heckflosse
Ingo could you have a look to verify my work (it is in SSE code),
Thank you very much

An @Django my apologies for misunderstanding, but my english is very very bad :slight_smile:
jacques

@jdc Jacques, I will have a look tomorrow. Just came back from a short travel.