New interface in darktable 2.7 (dev)

I don’t have this…

If I overide the CSS of darktable-elegant to use Segoe UI instead of Roboto then stars are displayed.
I have uninstalled Roboto, rebooted, reinstalled to no effect.
Any suggestions.

Maybe the Roboto variant you have does not support the Unicode star. Try pasting a ☆ in one of Darktable’s text boxes and see how that renders there to get further proof.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried and got the following

Yes, seems like the star is not supported (I don’t see it on my Linux box nor here). I suppose it does work on Linux though because it is replaced by the star symbol of another font.

According to the link you supplied Roboto does support White star u+2606
So I’m not sure what is going on.

Now I am really perplexed: I do not see Roboto in the list :thinking:

I installed the Local Font version from the link on the page, otherwise you only see fonts on the server.

In the code the stars in the filter drop-down box is using BLACK STAR: ★ (U2605), not WHITE STAR:

White star is used as well and in any case, I suppose if Roboto supports one it should support the other as well. And for me, it looks like Roboto does not contain either star:

It might depend on the version of Roboto you have.

Is it possible for you to share a your windows build?

I have found an application BabelMap that shows Roboto does not contain ‘Black Star’ or ‘White Star’. It shows that Segoe UI Symbol does have ‘Black Star’ and ‘White Star’, there does not appear to be a Roboto Symbol font.

Sorry just seeing this now let me know if you still want the build I have…

Sorry I have 3 machines…when I checked this I did not have Robo installed…did so and had your problem on the upside….I seemed to be able to select all 3 themes with no issue without Robo so I guess
maybe its not too big of an issue??

It is not a big issue, I just thought I might have been doing something wrong.
I might look to create a variant of ‘darkrable-elegant’ without Roboto.

It may be fixed…check the commits…I think there were a few issues around subst of fonts that GTK was not handling but it may have been corrected ??

thanks for the hint regarding monetary donation, done

1 Like

Tried out new shiny 2.7 git version. Overall I think it’s definitely a step forward. I especially like the new easy readable sliders. You guys are awesome!
The only thing I disliked is that history lines are sparse vertically, eating more of so valuable space. I’m pretty sure I can fix it with CSS but I need some guidelines: where to look in this nice but huge file?

1 Like

Agreed for the veriical space in history. I have this in my TODO but better open an issue on our GitHub if you want this to happen and not forgotten. Thanks.

Done
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/2549

1 Like