[Play Raw] Thou couldst be angry and send us rain

Yes, at least at the easiest part of the image (top).

I tried using the vignetting tool with a positive brightness value, but couldn’t succeed.

It is possible to cancel the vignette shadow, but a circle line remains there:

Maybe the safest way to go is @Claes quick and dirt method, at the expense of loosing some pixels on the borders.

1 Like

Gimp and RT:

5 Likes

Very nice shot!

darktable: FED_1953.NEF.xmp (5.8 KB)

6 Likes

Thanks, glad you like it. There is about 150 usable frames I will upload some more.

1 Like

Wonderful view! This is my take on it using RT 5.5.

FED_1953.jpg.out.pp3 (11.9 KB)

3 Likes

Check this one https://discuss.pixls.us/t/dealing-with-cp-filter-introduced-vignetting/10686
I am happy with retouch module, if I want even lighter corner I can add another instance

1 Like

Liked your picture so I gave it at shot with my editing.

2 Likes

Thanks. I think it is very good processing since we are looking at rain is about to start weather, I went too cheerful with colors.

Hi there, my version with a tad of “pop”.
It is easy to exagerate and push saturation too much, but in this case I believe the result is pleasant and not excessive.

FED_1953.jpg.out.pp3 (11,8 KB)

2 Likes

Thou couldst be angry and send us rain by FBulovic CC BY-SA.NEF.xmp (6.7 KB)

Here’s my version, as edited on my live stream! You can still see the process for the next two weeks at twitch.tv/chicagocameraslinger

Thank you for sharing!!

5 Likes

Thanks, I like it.
I revisited my processing and come up with this

My view on it is this should be more dark key, though I was the first one to go bright with vivid colors.

https://pixls-discuss.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/d/f/df996acde8f4d9e0d5b07e7a6d104ea75cc9a6d8.xmp

Almost forgot, this jpeg is additionally sharpened using GMI’C.

3 Likes

darktable 2.7, XMP embedded in JPEG.

2 Likes

Photoflow

FED_1953.pfi (40.8 KB)

1 Like

darktable 2.60

FED_1953.NEF.xmp (6,5 Ko)

2 Likes

Very nice image. I won’t be able to do it justice ATM, but I will come back to it when I am more confident. :slight_smile: Made it 3600px instead of my usual 1800px.

1. PhotoFlow → HL mode (blend) → AMaZE → linear Rec2020 (no clipping) → linear sRGB 32f
2. gmic → crop (1.5:1) → filter pixels → HLG (curve) → blend (Retinex) → sharpen (high freq contrast) → adjust brightness, contrast (curves) → local contrast, sharpness (guided) → increase chroma (curve) → sharpen (LoG) → resize (3600)

Zoom 100% and enjoy!

1 Like

FED_1953-2.jpg.out.pp3.txt (13.5 KB)

2 Likes

FED_1953-2.jpg.out.pp3 (11.5 KB)

I did not fix the vignetting

1 Like

Ufraw and fotoxx. :thinking: Know what I wanted to do :grin: not sure if I have.

Thanks interesting one to work on. Many are on here.

John

1 Like

Alt take.

1. PhotoFlow → HL mode (blend) → AMaZE → linear Rec2020 (no clipping) → OCIO filmic (very low contrast) → linear sRGB 32f
2. gmic → crop (1.5:1) → sharpen (high freq contrast) → blend (Retinex) → adjust brightness, contrast (curves)
3. pnmclahe → enhance contrast
4. gmic → local contrast, sharpen (guided) → sharpen (LoG) → resize (1800)

Zoom 100% and enjoy!

3 Likes

alt2: fun version, taking the topic title a tiny bit more seriously. :stuck_out_tongue:

5. gmic → applied my fun g0 experimental filter to the sky

3 Likes