[Play Raw] Thou couldst be angry and send us rain

FED_1953_01.NEF.xmp (18.9 KB)

2 Likes

You are right, retouch tool does trick. I am using 2.7.0+3~g802f28438 and after three iterations

1 Like

Subtle:

Bold:

2 Likes

I see, aquarelle using three right odd significant digits

I just figured out that the warping script can be used with subtle layer blending modes on the original image can have that effect. It’s terrible at being faded and at being sharp unless one really punches it in a certain direction (perhaps using the Butterworth BP I made or local contrast…?) and adds a little noise.

However, one can also run a script which is designed to make ‘watercolours’. Here’s something I made using that, more unusual curves and the BP filter again:

2 Likes

Yes, at least at the easiest part of the image (top).

I tried using the vignetting tool with a positive brightness value, but couldn’t succeed.

It is possible to cancel the vignette shadow, but a circle line remains there:

Maybe the safest way to go is @Claes quick and dirt method, at the expense of loosing some pixels on the borders.

1 Like

Gimp and RT:

5 Likes

Very nice shot!

darktable: FED_1953.NEF.xmp (5.8 KB)

6 Likes

Thanks, glad you like it. There is about 150 usable frames I will upload some more.

1 Like

Wonderful view! This is my take on it using RT 5.5.

FED_1953.jpg.out.pp3 (11.9 KB)

3 Likes

Check this one https://discuss.pixls.us/t/dealing-with-cp-filter-introduced-vignetting/10686
I am happy with retouch module, if I want even lighter corner I can add another instance

1 Like

Liked your picture so I gave it at shot with my editing.

2 Likes

Thanks. I think it is very good processing since we are looking at rain is about to start weather, I went too cheerful with colors.

Hi there, my version with a tad of “pop”.
It is easy to exagerate and push saturation too much, but in this case I believe the result is pleasant and not excessive.

FED_1953.jpg.out.pp3 (11,8 KB)

2 Likes

Thou couldst be angry and send us rain by FBulovic CC BY-SA.NEF.xmp (6.7 KB)

Here’s my version, as edited on my live stream! You can still see the process for the next two weeks at twitch.tv/chicagocameraslinger

Thank you for sharing!!

5 Likes

Thanks, I like it.
I revisited my processing and come up with this

My view on it is this should be more dark key, though I was the first one to go bright with vivid colors.

https://pixls-discuss.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/d/f/df996acde8f4d9e0d5b07e7a6d104ea75cc9a6d8.xmp

Almost forgot, this jpeg is additionally sharpened using GMI’C.

3 Likes

darktable 2.7, XMP embedded in JPEG.

2 Likes

Photoflow

FED_1953.pfi (40.8 KB)

1 Like

darktable 2.60

FED_1953.NEF.xmp (6,5 Ko)

2 Likes

Very nice image. I won’t be able to do it justice ATM, but I will come back to it when I am more confident. :slight_smile: Made it 3600px instead of my usual 1800px.

1. PhotoFlow → HL mode (blend) → AMaZE → linear Rec2020 (no clipping) → linear sRGB 32f
2. gmic → crop (1.5:1) → filter pixels → HLG (curve) → blend (Retinex) → sharpen (high freq contrast) → adjust brightness, contrast (curves) → local contrast, sharpness (guided) → increase chroma (curve) → sharpen (LoG) → resize (3600)

Zoom 100% and enjoy!

1 Like