[PlayRaw] Sailing Scene @ Garda Lake

I am a little late. So many different interpretations already posted. Nevertheless, here’S my try.

_DSC0047.NEF.xmp (7,6 KB)

2 Likes

I used one of my filters: WhiteBalanceStretch210.py.

You can find it under Gimp-chat

http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16699&start=0&hilit=whitebalance

you may download it from post #5

RawTherapee only. A bit on the old fashioned side. Maybe a tad over-sharpened. Oh well… Here goes nothing :slight_smile:

BTW @Ivan_M76 this is a fabulous capture! Well composed, clicked at just the right time with just the right settings. May we all create works such as this someday :slight_smile: Love it :heart:

_DSC0047.jpg.out.pp3 (12.3 KB)

_DSC0047-1.jpg.out.pp3 (12.5 KB)

Resizing: _DSC0047.jpg.out.pp3 (10.9 KB)

2 Likes

Thank You so much Stefan, but I was just lucky :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice shot! Here is my attempt at it.

1 Like

darktable (v2.6.1): _DSC0047.NEF.xmp (5.6 KB)

2 Likes

More work than at first expected. Trying to get pleasing colors, and working on the water.

Here’s my attempt with Darktable 2.7-master Git: _DSC0047.NEF.xmp (13.2 KB)

Hi,
fun play. This is the best I could do. I had to apply quite a bit of masking, and I’m still not sure that the colours are realistic, but here it goes…

2 Likes

this is real pretty. is this in RT? if yes, pp3? :stuck_out_tongue: Please and Thank you! :smiley:

I don’t know. Sometimes @agriggio can’t share his pp3. He must have a RT from the future.

Sometimes @agriggio can’t share his pp3.
it’s not that I can’t, but it simply won’t be useful to anyone…

He must have a RT from the future.

more from a parallel universe :slight_smile:
I’m using a custom version of RT, which is basically my playground/workbench, where I try things out.

anyway, I’ll try to describe the steps (not now though), it’s definitely possible to apply them with other tools

2 Likes

Future sounds better. Parallel is just confusing. :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, I am interested in your workflow too. Deals with the haze issue quite nicely. I need to do a slightly more earnest attempt of dehazing one day.

I basically just like the colours :stuck_out_tongue:

but they are two different things…

Yes, they are but one day they may make it into RT proper. Can’t wait to see what they are. :wink:

So, here’s a rendering done with darktable master that is in the same ballpark. Not quite the same, but that’s due to my lack of experience with dt more than anything…

_DSC0047.NEF.xmp (10.3 KB)

I decided to do a dark, dramatic version, similar to what @Thomas_Do did, but in color :slightly_smiling_face: Made with darktable and GIMP:

2 Likes

a childish version

_DSC0047_01.NEF.xmp (19.2 KB)
font source

Continuing with post #11, more playing with G’MIC. This time, the effect is subtle, has a bit of tone mapping feel to it.

1. PhotoFlow → basic processing → filmic (OCIO; very low contrast)
2. gmic → another effect → retinex → adjust brightness, contrast (curves) → sharpen (LoG) → resize

Zoom 100% and enjoy!