[pxChallenge] Civilization without people

I edited my post and added the information.

A small side diversion, this challenge is a wonderful opportunity to set up a tripod, snap like a madman, and use something like a median blend to remove people from the scene. If you haven’t tried it yet, might be fun to try out!

@chroma_ghost actually mentioned a couple of wonderful films. The Last Man on Earth actually has vampires (it’s an early adaptation of Richard Matheson’s “I Am Legend”). Also, the opening scenes of a deserted London are flat out amazing in “28 Days Later” - just a creepy and amazing sequence.

3 Likes

Well actually there is one person in this photo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is my triad, Civilization Without Personages.

Rạch Miễu Bridge

Moses L. Rosendin Park, California

The Gravitron, Morgan Hill, CA

3 Likes

I have an analogue shot from the streets of Sendai.
(Pentax MZ-3 with 77mm limited and a roll of Fujifilm Venus 800. Scanned with an RPS 10M)

And a more post apocalyptic one shot in the port of Hachinohe.
(Fujiflm X-T3 with XF 50-140mm and ClassicChrome)

8 Likes

These are great @suntorytimed

whoops, fixed

1 Like

I am glad to see this pxChallenge working out. :cheese:

@HIRAM Nice cables.

@suntorytimed Nice spokes.

1 Like

Montréal, Christmas 2018/New Year 2019.

4 Likes

I had been meaning to post to this thread, but only found the time today.

This is on the way to Las Vegas, NV from Los Angeles, CA. I like going where people have been, but currently are not, so this thread suites my style well.

10 Likes

Okay, okay. I will  E A T.  (Cooking vegetables ATM.) I wonder how heavy that sign is…

3 Likes

PS: Does it not have some sort of resemblance to darix’ avatar?

4 Likes

While on a project in Southern Armenia a couple of years ago, I came across this site …

3 Likes

So … finally I had the chance to get almost the idea I had from the beginning when I brought up this idea:

My original idea was a kitchen with food cooking on the oven and no people around. I only got a coffee being prepared but it had similar mood to what I had in mind.

2 Likes

A quick few from memory. I think there is something about railways, which are places intended for people, that look odd when there are no people around. Especially so when nature starts to reclaim and surround that infrastructure too.

3 Likes

Not that I have something totally new, but I like the single light in this dark scene.

Taken in Minden, Nebraska.

Old sailboat, Île-aux-Coudres, Québec.

4 Likes

Anthropocene.
Civilization?

5 Likes

Nice! A creature of our making.