Raw Samples Wanted

Any Fujifilm X-T30 files required? I see that the camera support page at darktable.org says there are no WB Presets, no noise profile, and no custom matrix for this model.

No, RPU has a full set for that camera, thank you!

Those columns are not applicable here.
(For wb presets, you might get away with taking a raw with each wb preset selected, and running https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/blob/master/tools/extract_wb)

8 posts were split to a new topic: Pixel 3XL DNG files

I’m assuming you’re ok for eos 5DSR samples, but pls shout if not.

I happen to have a A380 handy. How do I find out the ARW version and what’s the “biggest” sensor specifically?

Awesome, sample still wanted :slight_smile:
Something like daylight landscape works best, as stated on RPU.

Err, that is not something that you have to do.
It’s the criteria i was looking for when saying that the sample
from that particular camera might be good to have.

2 Likes

I have a Ricoh Theta Z1 using the Dual Fisheye Plugin (which creates a stacked DNG, in my sample these are 7 exposures) and darktable doesn’t seem to be able to read the DNGs that it created. It WILL read the DNGs after I do some corrections in Lightroom…

I don’t really need darktable to be able to edit these, but figured I’d throw some samples to the community just in case.
Here is the out-of-the-camera file:
R0020001_HDR.DNG (51.1 MB)

which looks like this, initially…

The edited file:
R0020001_Corrected.dng (42.1 MB)

And some maybe helpful resources:
The Ricoh 360 Image Viewer Software:
https://support.theta360.com/en/download/

The Lightroom Stitching plugin:

And the Dual Fisheye Plugin for the Theta Z1 camera:

It’s also worth noting that most (all except Lightroom???) of the image software I use won’t open that initial HDR DNG - GIMP, darktable, Windows Photo … NoMacs does seem to open it though. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

$ ./build-Clang-SANITIZE/src/utilities/rstest/rstest /tmp/R0020001_HDR.DNG  -c
/tmp/R0020001_HDR.DNG                                  : starting decoding ... 
/tmp/R0020001_HDR.DNG failed: ../src/librawspeed/decoders/DngDecoder.cpp:386: virtual rawspeed::RawImage rawspeed::DngDecoder::decodeRawInternal(): Uncompressed float point must be 32 bits per sample.
Total decoding time: 0s
0x0102 Exif.Image.BitsPerSample                     Short       1   2  16  16
0x0153 Exif.Image.SampleFormat                      Short       1   2  3  IEEE floating point data

So it looks like to be an uncompressed 16-bit floating-point.
That’s an interesting choice, as if they were trying to use something that nothing supports.
@Wayne_Schlegel Please file a bug?

Actually the DNG spec does not say compression is mandatory for floating point data, only “allowed”. So this seems to be a valid DNG, although unusual indeed…

Sure.
Actually, i have just hacked rawspeed to support that:

But i want that bugreport first :smiley:

4 Likes

In addition to the rawspeed bug report requested here, one for LibRaw is also needed please (confirmed it gives a similar pink output while the compressed one from LR is fine).

You could also ask your plugin developer to turn float DNG compression on so they get a wider reach in general.

@Wayne_Schlegel ping.
@kmilos helped create the bugreport, but the fix still won’t be able to proceed without the sample.
Someone needs to contribute an appropriate sample to RPU,
under CC0 license.

FYI that is now supported as of Merge branch 'dng-uncompressed-f16' into develop · darktable-org/rawspeed@6d618a6 · GitHub

1 Like

I have uploaded a pair of phone pictures, that are useful e.g. for art dng embedded data correction. poco m3 few days ago and p20 lite in october, but i have seen they haven’t been uploaded.

Thank you.

Keep in mind that they’re operating on a device with severely limited CPU here, to the point where compression often throttles save-out rates significantly worse than flash memory write speed limitations of uncompressed data.

I’ve rented Nikon d780 for the weekend, do you need sample raw files (NEF) from this camera? They are not on the list of supported cameras on darktable.org website.

Just notice that only extra data is missing and raw files for this camera is there. Can you do something to support those other things in the table? WB Presets, Noise Profile, Custom Matrix.

1 Like

Seems like we already have a set from the D780. You can check for yourself at https://raw.pixls.us/

Yes, I’ve notice that and I’ve edited my comment. But the table have NO NO NO next to D780 how those are created? Do you need something from the camera or you just extract this information from raw files?

Basic support for D780 is there, but how the level of support in darktable is increased is already well documented (maybe not obvious where to find this, the webpage needs an update).

It might be easiest to start w/ white balance contribution (you can even start w/ coarse only, and add fine later), you just need some raws for those. Then noise profile, which also requires some specific raws.

Color profile is a bit more complex because you need the color chart and a fairly stable and known light source and be more careful with the shooting setup.

I’ve taken the photos for White Balance, but I can’t find the script for extracting the data. It’s not present in Fedora and there are no darktable-devel package. In fedora there was additional darktable-tools-noise but after installing it, the tool was not added.

Do I need to compile darktable in order to get this file? Because I’ve search Git repo on GitHub and there are no such files (no extract_wb.py nor extract_wb_from_images.sh).