Raw Samples Wanted

Are Pentax K1 samples still needed? The issue linked to in this post is closed/resolved, but since the post has not been edited to remove the link to the K1 issue can I assume they are still needed?

I can provide a full set of Pentax K1 (original, not Mark II) images if so.

1 Like

Hi;

I am trying to upload a few raw samples from a Hasselblad X2S 100C
When I try to import the .3FR files into darktable today I get this message when I try to edit them:

darktable could not load ‘FILENAME’, switching to lighttable now.
please check that the camera model that produced the image is supported in darktable
(list of supported cameras is at camera support | darktable).

This camera is not yet supported, however when I try to upload the samples I get this error here:

Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, ico, dtstyle, txt, scm, pp3, svg, xmp, bz2, xcfbz2, py, arw, apng, orf, cr2, nef, dng, tif, patch, zip, 7z, rtc, raw, exr, hdr, raf, rw2, pfi, xcf, xcf, pef, icc, icm, pto, blend, dcp, xcfxz, xcfxz, ods, mp4, mkv, ogv, webm, cr2, nef, dng, cr2, pdf, kra, ntp, arp, fits, seq, gz, ssf, cr3, heif, heic, avif, crw, dtpreset, nrw, cfg).

I don’t think we have such filtering on https://raw.pixls.us/ ?
This forum might have that, though, @paperdigits ?

The forum does have filtering. You can zip the raw files.

RPU does not have filtering so far as I’m aware.

On raw.pixls.us we only filter on unwanted file extensions, and those are: png,jpg,zip,tar,rar,7z,gz,xz,tgz

Could potentially add zst (and bz2!) to this list as well I guess…

1 Like

Just added a sample for the new (not even for sale yet) Fujifilm X-S20. Hope it’s good enough. Got to play with it for an hour yesterday, but didn’t think to take any photos specifically for this, so it is what it is.

2 Likes

Hope you remembered to shoot in all the compression modes :wink:

Pretty sure this is the standard uncompressed format :sweat_smile:

Sure, but all modes are needed eventually.

As said, I didn’t think of it when I had the chance. It was only after I had handed it back, that I realised it. Hopefully what I got will be useful anyway.

dt 4.6.0 announcement encouraged to upload more imaged to raw database. I may add Pentax K-1 PEF with/without pixel shift and Ricoh GR III DNG samples. But I don’t clearly understand if there are any pre-requisites besides it being CC0 properly exposed landscape shots. Do you also interested in in-camera RAW HDR shots? Please clarify.

Thank you for taking a look!

I believe, for these cameras, we already have full sample sets,
so no new samples are wanted for them.

1 Like

One can actually check what samples are there already and under what license, just scroll down a bit and use the search box:

I have twice uploaded raw sample from OnePlus Nord 3 5G, but nothing at raw.pixls.us yet.

True. Unlike the usual case of non-DNG case, where it’s mostly obvious
when the sample should or should not be marked as verified
on the admin side of RPU, with the DNG’s i’m a bit more conflicted,
and potentially just leave them unreviewed.

I uploaded what should be the full set of samples for the OM-1 MkII this morning, and added a comment to the Darktable camera support request.

Not to seem impatient, but what’s the rough timeframe for when top-of-tree Darktable might support the camera? I’m trying to figure out how long should plan on using some other SW to develop my shots. Days? Weeks? Months? Do I limp along for a week with the OM Systems proprietary tools on an old Mac, or sit down and re-learn RawTherapee?

Thanks much to the developers for making the magic happen.

2 Likes

The unfortunate answer is “it depends on how similar the new files are to existing supported files.”

Since the new oly didn’t seem to change too much, I’d hope its relatively trivial.

It turns out that the answer is “Today!”. All I had to do was apply the changes in darktable-org/rawspeed#677 to my local cameras.xml file. The 14 bit hi-res shots don’t work yet, but I can live w/o those for a while.

1 Like

Hi! I’ve posted GoPro Fusion RAW two times to raw.pixls.us, now & month before, but nothin’ exist in base. Why?