RawTherapee 5.7 Released plus a new website!

Similarly, the Win package installs to C:\Program Files\RawTherapee\releases-win64-5.7. (5.6 just installed to a 5.6 directory there). Not a big deal at all, things are working great otherwise.

But it is easily possible to change the installation directory. On my Computer it is always C:\Grafik\Rawtherapee, even if the installer complains about this directory being in use already :innocent:

Minor issue (and advice for Gimp users).
Export to (Edit current image in external editor) does not work if the file name contains a space or a diacritic.
RT

@MrQ: Is that on Windows?

I’m sorry I didn’t provide this information:
Windows 10 and Gimp 2.10.12 64bit.

Can a Windows user please verify? I’m quite certain I verified that spaces did work, back when I wrote this:

Custom command line - Write the full path to the executable including the executable. Don’t worry about spaces or about escaping backslashes. Environment variables such as %ProgramFiles% are not supported.

http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Preferences#Windows

This works fine for me with with my GIMP 2 path at:

C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\

I’m not sure if this is quite the right place to post but im having trouble accessing the film negative tool. I’m running v5.7 on windows, and looking at the raw tab, where the wiki says the film negative options should be, they are not present. Here is a screenshot Imgur: The magic of the Internet of my raw tab. I am developing a DNG file generated by a scanner using Vuescan, not a DSLR scan. Could anyone advise me on this? Am I just being an idiot?

Congratulations on the new release and website re-design.

A question concerning the support of xmp star-rating – it seems Adobe-compliant star-rating isn’t recognized in this new version, or maybe there’s a setting I’m missing?

Odd - i just checked mine and it does appear there:

Many thanks for the new website. It is visually very attractive, professional looking and well organised.

I have the 5.7 Appimage now on Linux Mint and it’s running as well as I anticipated.
I am too old and ignorant to understand let alone make use use of all it’s features. I confine myself to the exposure curves and a few other items, But it’s a pleasure to use nonetheless.

2 Likes

I guess maybe it’s a quirk of using a scanner DNG file rather than scanning with a camera. Hopefully it’ll be fixed in some update, or by reinstalling the software

Perhaps you can upload a scanner .DNG to somewhere like https://filebin.net/ and link it here.

Or, you can also file a bug report (remember how to be a good bug reporter) on the repo:

@Morgan_Hardwood @gaaned92 @slarti @patdavid
I have completely overlooked the fact that I should change the cache and installation paths for release builds… sorry for that.

Here is a new package that should fix both: https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/releases/download/nightly/RawTherapee_5.7_WinVista_64.exe

Could you please check if it is fine?

2 Likes

I’ll post a DNG in a bit, My PC decided to update and is taking an eternity to finish

@Carmelo_DrRaw I don’t mind some of your packages showing this but I don’t know about other people.

Checks out. Is that all you want to know?

Why do I need a magnifying glass to view your screen shots?

Old age? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lots of fan whirling as I navigate through this RT…

Also, no capture sharpening. Guess it is a commit prior to its inclusion.

Yes :wink:

Which commit are you on?