RawTherapee 5.7 Released plus a new website!

@Mega_DerpBro maybe your DNG is not a proper raw file but a “linear” one? Please upload it.

Even if we were to jump through Microsoft’s hoops to get certification and pay the price (couldn’t even find the cost), it still wouldn’t necessarily prevent that warning.

Nothing is lost, don’t exaggerate. And while waiting for a Windows 5.7 build with the fixed cache and config paths, you can fix the problem for yourself by using environment variables: File Paths - RawPedia

Looks like neither. RawTherapee’s Windows installer doesn’t look for a HaldCLUT folder at all. Go to Preferences > Image Processing > Directories and set your HaldCLUT folder. As @gaaned92 pointed out, if you’re on Windows then RawTherapee 5.7 may simply have found an old options file which contained a different HaldCLUT folder path. I will upload the fixed 5.7 build later today.

It works fine in Linux, I just tested. Please write a proper report if you made sure the requirements are met: GIMP Plugin - RawPedia Also see @gaaned92’s reply.

Yes, please do rename the release builds (not the non-releases).

It looks correct.
Linux - RawPedia

For stable releases (if you checkout the “releases” branch) use -DCACHE_NAME_SUFFIX=""

@Carmelo_DrRaw are you happy with the build, can I use it to replace our current one?

Thanks.

Yes, unless the lack of compatibility with GIMP is due to a bug in my build process.

I have renamed the zip file to RawTherapee_5.7_WinVista_64.zip, so the two packages have the same name (apart for the .zip or .exe extension).

1 Like

Could Windows users please verify whether opening a raw file from GIMP-2.10.12 using the following latest RawTherapee 5.7 build works correctly? Correctly means that when you open a raw file from GIMP, RawTherapee should appear.

https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/releases/download/nightly/RawTherapee_5.7_WinVista_64.exe

For the latest version.
On spaces in the file name (spaces in the directory name do not bother).
I repeated the error on another computer (also Windows10, Gimp-2.10.12 64bit).
If I change the name from Test space.nef to Testspace.nef - it works fine.

On file-rawtherapee.exe in Gimp.
In the registry (regedit.exe) - ok.

In $PATH environment variable - there is no entry regarding Rawtherapee.
Adding a variable c:\Program Files\RawTherapee\5.7\rawtherapee.exe does not change anything (still no RawTherapee entry in Gimp preferences)

Great news! the new web looks fantastic!

1 Like

I cannot make it work. :hot_face:

So I have to come back to a configuration that was working.

The latest builds of Gimp (2.10.10), RT (5.6), and even Darktable (2.6.2) are all working now on Win10 x64.

for reference:

RT does not start as a GIMP plugin in Windows 10 #5084

@heckflosse @Hombre and other dev, can you help?

still doesn’t work for me: (Gimp 2.10.12, RT5.7, Win 10 Pro)

• while with RT 5.6 works great

Also @gaaned92: what is the output of rawthrapee.exe -v -w?

First of all, if RT5.7 is isntalled there is no possibility to choos RT in Gimp (Preferences-> Image Export & Import) only darktable and placeholder, no rawtherapee
With RT.5.6 all options are present and works ok

This is probably because the plugin cannot detect the RT executable at GIMP startup. Hence my question regarding the output of rawthrapee.exe -v -w.
I currently have no access to a windows machine, so I cannot check this myself…

Sure, but sorry for that, I don’t know how to check it if it is -v or -w…
(forgive me my ignorance)

@fotomak or any other Windows users:

1. Uninstall your current RawTherapee 5.7, download again and install again this one:
    https://github.com/Beep6581/RawTherapee/releases/download/nightly/RawTherapee_5.7_WinVista_64.exe
  2. Open the command prompt,
  3. Go to your RawTherapee installation folder
    cd "C:\Program Files\RawTherapee\5.7"

4. Run the command @Carmelo_DrRaw provided:
    rawtherapee.exe -v -w

5. Paste the output here, or a screenshot.
2 Likes

done as asked

Maybe you need to run .\rawtherapee.exe -v -w? I am not a windows expert…

Meanwhile, here is what I get when running rawtherapee.exe with Wine:

$ wine ./rawtherapee.exe -v -w
GTK_CSD: 
Forcing GTK_CSD=0
RawTherapee, version 5.7

Is this the expected output?

@fotomak ugh, I had a typo in the rawtherapee.exe filename. I fixed the typo, please try it again.

1 Like

rawtherapee.exe -v -w gives no output (no RT console opened)

rawtherapee.exe -v -w >D:toto.txt

in toto.txt there is

GTK_CSD: 
Forcing GTK_CSD=0
RawTherapee, version 5.7

should be only:

RawTherapee, version 5.7

Where

GTK_CSD: 
    Forcing GTK_CSD=0

comes from? (Client Side Decoration)

It’s ok with my local build

My fault, it comes from a patch I have introduced to force-disable client side decorations on windows (unless specifically enabled by the user via the GTK_CSD environment variable). I was printing the value of the variable for debugging, and the printout was left there by mistake…

I am fixing this right now, will put a message here as soon as the new package is available.

I did it with no typ but still the same