RawTherapee 5.9 released

We are happy to announce the release of RawTherapee 5.9.

Head over to the website to read what’s new and how to install:
RawTherapee - RawTherapee v5.9

Do not report issues here. File a complete bug report in the right place as described here:
How to write useful bug reports - RawPedia

60 Likes

Thank you!

Claes in Lund

Fantastic news! Congratulations to everyone involved — thank you for all your hard work! Christmas has come early for me this year! :blush:

Thank you and all the developers for their great work!

1 Like

Great to see the new release of Raw Therapee. What are the big changes we should be looking for? I noticed there are localized adjustments in 5.9. On its own that is a big improvement over previous versions of Raw Therapee. Well done to the developers. Thanks

Great! Can’t wait for the Mac release but it is good to see this project is still kicking. I have taken RAW files from old cameras and made them look much better than the camera ever could.

Great work!
Thanks to the all team!

Congratulations and well done!

I have been revisiting raw and RawTherapee this week with the 5.9 rc release and enjoying what I found

:grinning:

Thanks to everyone who persevered to make this project happen. RawTherapee is fantastic software.

6 Likes

Great pleasure and great thanks to the creators.

1 Like

Hi all. First post and exposure to RawTherapee. Does anyone have any idea when the macOS version of 5.9 will be available? I’m currently running on macOS 13.01. And, any idea when there will be support for Fujifilm X-T5 RAW files? I understand the camera literally just came out. However, I was lucky enough to snag one at the local camera shop. This is an upgrade from my Fujifilm X-T2.

Thanks!

What graet news! Thanks to all who made this happen!

Congratulations. And thanks to all who made this possible…at last.

RawTherapee 5.9 includes a lot of major upgrades and additional features: local adjustments, abstract profiles, waveform and vectorscope, camera-based perspective correction, full-screen/detached inspector, spot removal, colour-correlation white balance, dual-demosaic with bilenear, improved film-negative, and improved wavelets. Support for cameras, raw formats, and colour profiles has also been increased and improved.

The RawTherapee website has recently been updated with all the details.

2 Likes

Many positive reactions on that Dpreview article. That’s not always the case with FOSS software…

6 Likes

I noticed that, too. I guess, this might come from the kind of article itself: Its focused on the features of RT and answers the question “What’s new?” instead of “Does it live up to Lightroom?” which many other articles seem to do - thus the discussion seems to be much more centered around those features.
Much appreciated, and the release itself seems to be well worth a try.

1 Like

Hi, Stu, and welcome to the forum.

The macOS version will hopefully be available very soon. From what I’ve read so far, I believe the minimum OS requirement will likely be 10.15 (Catalina) — this could, of course, change with the final release.

1 Like

Excellent Work!

Thank you!