Hello, a few comment on the 32bit versions which I have managed to get running on my vintage Windows ME (+ KernelEx) system.
First of all, the qwindows.dll bundled with the 32bit version is 64bit, replacing it with a 32bit one should get it all running on Windows Vista 32bit and above.
Second is that the 5.8.0 QT files aren't compatible with my system and aren't with even XP I believe. Fortunately replacing them all with their 5.7.1 counterparts makes it work OK.
For the Gimp plugin I placed the QT dlls in the bin folder and placed the platforms folder along with the plugin.
With the standalone version I can open and save only png files and using the file open dialog doesn't work, it spawns another (invisible) instance instead of loading the png. Dragging a file onto the program icon loads the png fine however. Saving a png with save dialog works fine.
On all versions I kept the old libcurl dll and its dependencies as the new one gives some GNUTLS error messages and adds plenty of new dependencies and I can then run the standalone with only the following files:
The CLI version (this is non QT related) is now dependent on libIlmImf-2_2.dll which is incompatible with my system and I believe XP too. I could get it working by hexing the culprit which is the secure imported function "wsopens" to its non-secure counterpart "_wsopen". I believe this only works insofar as this function never gets actually called during operation.
Oh and btw, ZArt runs fine doing the same things as with QT standalone.
All in all it's been a bit of a fiddle to get it all running but I am glad I did it as it's really worth it.
Thanks to everybody involved.