uploading (raw) images here: okay?

In a recent post, I went bold and just uploaded rendered JPEGs and RAW files directly in the post:

Is that okay? should i host large images somewhere else? I’m worried about the disk space usage here… :wink:

Obviously, I think it’s safe to assume I’m not supposed to host a whole photo gallery here, but I figured samples like this were okay.

Please let me know!

Yes, you can upload your raw files here. We are lucky that a few generous community members generally cover our hosting costs. We’d rather have the thread intact going forward, without any missing/broken links, so that means upload away! Also amazon s3 is fairly cheap, so…

2 Likes

… supporters such as you, if I understand correctly! so thank you very much for that… it makes things so much easier!

I wasn’t referng to myself as I give pretty little… Though I guess a few bucks a month is still a good bit of data on S3. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, there’s an issue with large uploads right now, so you might want to be careful for non-RAW files.

RAW files are okay because they are not previewed, from what I understand.

1 Like

Well, we still don’t mind about large uploads. The bigger issue there is that some of the embedded versions of the images aren’t getting thumbnails generated properly, so the images are full-resolution directly in the post (which is undesirable). We’re still looking at it.

1 Like