[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

What I have is a manual Ricoh Rikenon P 50mm f/1.7 from the film days (on a crop sensor, though, so effectively 80mm). What I don’t have are real Christmas tree lights. Our little tree has small red (only) bulbs and is pretty inaccessible photo-wise. But I’ll think about it. My wife is home from work all this week and might not take too kindly to me setting up a photo shoot in the living room. Who knows… :slight_smile:

100% typical cat. “What?? I meant to do that, dumb human…” :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

So is that adapted to Canon mount? I’ve seen adaptors for that, really thin because the difference in flange distance is so small. But on the right side though.

Ha! Maybe our other two are unusually cautious…

Yeah, bought a little $15 Pentax K to Canon EF-S mount adapter from Amazon. Seems to work fine. Without a split screen I feel like I’m searching for focus, but in a weird sense that’s kinda part of the idea, so to speak.

1 Like

Big sky but little water at Little Lake

This is Little Lake in the Catahoula National Wildlife Refuge near Whitehall, Louisiana. Despite getting some rain (but not a lot), it’s still down following our unusually hot and dry summer this year. Normally, there would be nothing but water visible here. Not deep, but totally flooded. This is typical of many – if not most – lakes in Louisiana right now.

In this image I went for a more minimalist approach than I usually take. This was shot through a manual Ricoh Rikenon P 50mm f/1.7 lens (at f/5.6).

An alternate, even more minimalist, image of three isolated bald cypress trees.

ART 1.21 with minimal follow-up in Affinity Photo.

20 Likes

A short flash of colours in everlasting days of grey

18 Likes

So, we arrived in Glencoe, staying at Kingshouse for Christmas. The weather wasn’t all that great:

On Christmas morning, we drove down to Loch Etive, on a road that is single track with occasional passing places. The weather was better, but still not good, this is Loch Etive

Then on Boxing day:

These were taken on a circular tour of Loch Leven, starting in Glencoe village

Finishing off with (probably) the most photographed building in Glencoe, that of the Ladies Scottish Mountaineering Club Blackrock Cottage:

23 Likes

Nice ! The use of wide angle in combination with remarkable geometry goes nicely in some of those. Very clean look !

That’s just a lovely set of pics - those mountains! :star_struck: Looking forward to having a go at the Play Raws too. :slight_smile:

Oh what a tangled web…

High-contrast rendering of a bare tree on a beautiful blue-sky sunny day. :smiley:

ART 1.21.17

11 Likes

… but who is practising to deceive? :wink:
(for the confused)

1 Like

Well… I guess I was a bit deceptive with a sunny blue sky conversion to hard-edged high contrast monochrome! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe this one should be called “Charge your battery and took some photos”…

It a re-process of a blue hour shot taken in November 2009 with my old 8mp* Canon Digital Rebel XT (350D), on Irons Fork Lake in western central Arkansas.

* Cropped, no less! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

First quick mess around with new modules in DT4.6 after coastal walk today

12 Likes

With a little smile on your face, the world is changing:slight_smile:

13 Likes

Gorgeous colors!
Very good!

1 Like

From my visit today in Hamburg (and no, I did not go to the Dix exhibition).

Shot with Konica Hexanon 50mm F1.4.

1 Like

On my way home today. :slight_smile: Nearly got wet on my way to the car…

:cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain:

Nokia X30 DNG processed in darktable.

13 Likes

I like the way each storefront has symmetrical visual elements of its own.

1 Like

Just some birdies from a walk on this afternoon…

It was the first time I got so close to it.

Number 2 and 3 not perfect, but I like the dynamic.

11 Likes

There was some beautiful soft, golden evening light on the neighbouring house, I wanted to capture. Came out surprisingly well, given that I had to shoot through a pretty dirty window :smiley:

18 Likes