[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

Lovely!

The forecast was promising, so I took a day off and went on a longer trip with my beloved doggy.

16 Likes

Deep Cove
When my family and I went there the rain was pouring. It is one of these more rainy places here. Given the drier than normal seasons seeing the rain is a bit relaxing and nostalgic.
The place is beautiful but way too much populated nowadays - even in the rain.

8 Likes

Lovely set! How do you make the multi-row image layout in a post? I remember reading about it before but now can’t find it…

2 Likes

It is a recent feature. See:

6 Likes

Thanks! I was using the wrong search terms…

I just noticed an interesting icon next to the percentage values and gave it a try :wink:

2 Likes

From today’s walk

The following sign means
“Cyclists Dismount”
“Keep dogs on a lead”

9 Likes

Catahoula Lake pastels

Golden hour wasn’t too golden today (although sunset delivered – too bad I was already driving at that point!), but there were some pleasant muted colors down low in the west. It made for a decent minimalist image.

A funny sidebar…

As I was getting ready for this shot, I noticed what looked like a critter’s head / jaw of some sort bobbing in the water about a meter or so off the edge. There were little eddies showing around it, so I figured it was possibly a snapping turtle or even alligator just hanging around waiting for . But something didn’t look right and I couldn’t nail down the species of critter. I have to admit I was a little … ahem … “aware” of the possibility of said critter taking an interest in me and suddenly emerging from the water!

Turns out I was totally wrong. It was the fearsome, deadly, DDD: Discarded Duck Decoy! So much for my identification skills in the fading light!

9 Likes

Nice pastel colors in the lake shot…before you got mooned!

2 Likes

Fancy that!

Mooned by a decoy by Len

That could be the title. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Took a walk with my camera late yesterday to deliberately get out on a day off from work. Hot and somewhat humid, but late afternoon light was good.

10 Likes

18 Likes

Is that a Schlüsselblume?

Was? :smile: Sorry, I have no idea. I like to take pictures of flowers but they are not my thing otherwise.

1 Like

No probs. :smile:
I don’t speak German, but I used to know someone from that part of the world, and their favorite flower was the Schlüsselblume. I believe it’s a kind of Primula.

2 Likes

It looks like Primula vulgaris (primrose), which is one of the Schlüsselblume, but not the Echte Schlüsselblume (Primula veris or cowslip)

1 Like

10 Likes

The Alps illuminated by the setting Sun, as seen from the western side of Zürich. Snapped during our evening walk.

8 Likes

Amazing. Style reminds me of the pencil shading exercise in art class. It is a good fit for the [Capture Challenge] People without people thread and the Showcase category.