Natron development status?

Hi Hellocatfood,

Sorry if there is not update yet since February, i say you will need to wait a little more because i am new to natron and it takes some time to finish. So i am solo and it is hard to balance on way good, again to wait a little for doing to make more my time from my work in IT, i will say to my boss to reduce it for my job then i spend more time in Natron dev :slight_smile:

Hope that it will make sense !

2 Likes

Tomorrow I will wait for agreement to get more time, my boss will decide if it will be or not ?

I cross my fingers that it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn I will wait a month again for a professional reason :/…

@yomgui is working on porting Natron to QT5. If there are any developers here, maybe you guys could team up.

1 Like

Happy to help developing with Qt5.

Also I saw that are maintainers needed?
ta

1 Like

Also there’s a Discord Server for Natron, made and managed by me. Omar and Thomas are admins there. I’ve made dedicated channels for developers there. So if there are multiple developers, the Discord server could be a great way for all to communicate. Yomgui is already in the server and is posting updates on his progress with the QT5 port.

Awesome. Could you please share an invite link?
ta

here

If you need any assistance, you can mention me there

2 Likes

Any news on Blender Foundation helping Natron take off?

1 Like

Was there any indication of that? (Link?)

There is no news about this, but little help is a great help.
For example,

• I try filling gaps in documentation (I need it once a lecturer :)), feel free
  • I learn Natron code, mostly gui code, I worked a lot on QT-based projects, I’m not an experienced programmer, but I can make minor changes on UI / UX side or re-design things, feel free
  • use Natron on your project, write feedbacks
  • grow the community / user base, spread Natron
  • drop a message to your programmer buddy :slight_smile:
    and more
4 Likes

I already provided an answer about this here: Crowdfunding Natron 3d Workspace - #61 by Jon_Bragado

In short Ton Roosendaal (the founder of Blender) himself hasn’t indicated that the Blender Foundation will directly help Natron (or indeed any other software)

1 Like

That is what I thought. Thanks for the link: I couldn’t find it for Jon.

1 Like

Did you finish writing your blog on the same topic? If not, please be sure to post the link here when its done.

Mostly yes. I have written it but it sounded a bit too alienating. If it’s ok with you I’ll PM you with my draft.

1 Like

Got this link through twitter: “Attract existing FLOSS software projects to KDE and incorporate their members into our community” ⚓ T12801 Attract existing FLOSS software projects to KDE and incorporate their members into our community: Convince Design/Creativity Applications to join KDE

3 Likes

That sounds promising but how will it go through? Also, what does that mean for the future of the existing Natron Community? We have this forum, a Facebook group managed by Omar (@Blackvfx2018) and Thomas and the Discord Server managed by me.

Who among the Natron leadership could represent Natron and communicate with KDE representatives? I think this opportunity id worth exploring. Though Natron does not have much to offer in terms of developers coming with it((

This is mostly about integration/infrastructure, the community is independent if this (look at Krita).

That would be @devernay or myself.

There are many pros and cons regarding this. But as you say could be worth exploring …

1 Like

I think @hellozee is here, and perhaps they coul d answer and questions you might have about joining KDE. They are a Krita Dev.