News about Rawtherapee development

Yep, I can build and push to the webserver manually. Just let me know when it’s ready or what I can do.

Great! I will keep you updated on the status of the release.

Very interesting!
Would you provide an RSS for this?

Hervé
P. S. the link at the bottom, “is now available for download from the official RawTherapee website.” is wrong (rawtherapee .com, not .org -the link at the top being right)

Hi, @Herve5RT, and thanks for the kind words. I put the page together just as an example, really, purely to show the content off to see if the RT team would find it useful for inclusion into the ‘news’ section of their site – it’ll likely be removed shortly as there’s no real interest.

I may continue it purely for my own fun, but it’ll likely remain just that: nothing more than an independent and unofficial personal project on my part; as such, I’ll likely not be giving it it’s own home and RSS feed (in any case, my entire website is just a personal, experimental fun project).

P.S. Well spotted on the incorrect link - now fixed.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that it had been added to the RawTherapee web site, and in fact I can’t find it there, so I wouldn’t be in a hurry to conclude that there’s no interest.

It hasn’t – see @Lawrence37’s reply above.

As far as general interest is concerned, I haven’t really had much feedback; as such, I naturally just assume it’s not something that appeals to the masses. :slight_smile:

I don’t have much mass, but it appeals to me.

2 Likes

may my mass be with you!

1 Like

@martbetz

Excuse my bad english…

There is no simple answer to your proposition.

First of all, anything that leads to progression in RT is welcome. We have been too far behind for more than 2 years for various reasons, but this is not the place to discuss it.

So, anything that can lead to an improvement in knowledge (documentation) or communication is welcome, and for that I thank you for your initiative. :+1: :grinning:

But we run into some logistical and security difficulties.

For example, adding a section, a link to the website, requires access… This access is currently reserved for the Pixls.us manager and extending it raises the question: who, why? For example I don’t have access to it.

Another example, the documentation, either in its current form Rawpedia (which is somewhat obsolete) or any other form (video, etc.) assumes validation, such as when modifying the RT code (with a Pull Request or an Issue), and it also requires access rights, who and why ?

So, I summarize, we agree on the principle, we still have to agree on how, who, what, why?
Of course, this is just me and not RT.

:grinning:

Jacques

3 Likes

Thanks for the very kind words, @jdc — much appreciated.

No problem at all; I completely understand and appreciate the logistics.

Also, thanks to @Kurt , @chaimav , @Herve5RT , @mozzihh , @ThomasO , and anyone else I may have missed for expressing an interest in my modest efforts. This being the case, then, I’m more than happy to continue with it as a standalone project and see how it develops.

An update to my previous response: as it’s currently hosted as a static page on my website (i.e. not as a dedicated blog in it’s own right) I can’t create a dedicated feed; however, my main website has an RSS feed, so I’ll post any updates to RawFocus in there along with a direct link (so you’ll not only get notified of any recent news about RawTherapee, but you’ll be kept up to date with all my crazy ramblings as well — sorry about that :wink: :laughing:).

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @martbetz

Thanks a lot for you efforts!

It will be really useful to get some more information (documentation, video tutorials, you name it) as regards RawTherapee :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree, there is already a wealth of information on this forum and in RawPedia but it’s not always easy to find. For example I remembered seeing @heckflosse 's quick edit examples some time ago but it took me ages to find them again. Another 3-click processing in RT
It could be useful to have a quick access index somewhere that referenced the various tutorials and examples posted here or published in RawPedia.

2 Likes

Sounds like something I could do. I’ll see what I can come up with. :slightly_smiling_face: Maybe I could do a second page that lists direct links to everything in an organised and useful manner? How does that sound?

1 Like

Hello @martbetz

Just an idea…
Even linking your web-page to some YouTube tutorials might be useful.
For instance, as regards “quick edit examples” with RawTherapee:
https://www.youtube.com/@FOSSedits/search?query=rawtherapee

3 Likes

How about something like this?

RawSummaree

I could create a homepage as well as an easy way to access both the news page and the links page - sort of a mini website within my main website.

Here we go : News & Links

yep. It looks promising :slight_smile:

The difficult bit will be finding the links to individual tutorials, seeing whether they are suitable and then classifying them. Just searching ´tutorial’ in the RawTherapee category on this forum brings up quite a few hits but there aren’t that many actual tutorials as such. There are also useful links like the 3-click edit that don’t appear with this search.
Maybe it’s best to start with a small selection to see whether it fills an actual need and then build on it progressively.

2 Likes

Here are 2 tutorials that I have posted in the past. Image licensing is in threads.

2 Likes

Cool. I’ve got both pages and the homepage ready - now it’s just a case of adding the relevant info to each. I’ve included the links to the tutorials and channels mentioned thus far - when you find any others you’d like me to add, just send them via a PM. In the meantime I’ll add stuff as and when I come across it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have a feeling the RawIndex page will get very large very soon — there’s A LOT of great content out there. Hopefully the page will help serve as a hub to easily find and access it all. :slightly_smiling_face:

@chaimav: nice tutorials, bye the way! :+1:

1 Like