Resynthesizer for Gimp v.2.10

Hi guys. I’m just curious… Will Resynthesizer be available for Gimp v.2.10, and will it actually be built into Gimp?

It works for me in the 2.9.x builds, but it’ll remain a plugin.

1 Like

In Linux, Kubuntu 16.04 using the otto-kesselgulasch/gimp-edge packages (commit 5129b85), the bootchk version does compile, with lots of deprecated function warnings.

That is working ok here, gimp 2.9.5, but looking at the dates of the code, GitHub - bootchk/resynthesizer: Suite of gimp plugins for texture synthesis , needs one of you clever guys to re-write.
However that applies to many plugins and I am not holding my breath.

AFAIK, the Gimp 2.8.x versions work equally well.
IMHO Gimp is built around plugins, that is its strength, best leave it as such.

1 Like

Every plugin that works in 2.8 should work in 2.10.

1 Like

Chances are that this will not be included within core GIMP (there’s enough work porting the existing core functionality into GEGL ops).

On the note of Resynthesizer, have you seen any of the various inpainting algorithms that are in G’MIC? @David_Tschumperle has a couple of different options available there that might be worth looking into! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi paperdigits,
where do you download plugin?? I download from git here but it doesn’t work.

Can you help me??

PS.I have gimp-cce from GitHub - ellelstone/gimp: GIMP-CCE ("Color Corrected Experimental") is a modified version of GIMP-2.10-19 that allows editing in user-chosen well-behaved ICC RGB working spaces.

It was from our gimp appimage by @Carmelo_DrRaw.

Thanks,
and if I would to use source code for not Appimage ??
Would you know where who created Appimage did download the source code??

I am taking the sources from the official GitHub repository: GitHub - bootchk/resynthesizer: Suite of gimp plugins for texture synthesis

Until few weeks ago, the code was compiling fine against GIMP 2.9.x

Ok, Now I’m not at the PC…
when I’ll be I try to compile an run again…
it seems to me the message was the protocol was obsolete

Hi after compiling and installing when I launch gimp from console I have:

Querying plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-render-texture.py’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-render-texture.py”, line 61, in
from gimpfu import *
File “/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py”, line 76, in
import gimp
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimp.so: undefined symbol: gimp_drawable_get_buffer

(gimp-2.9:31871): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: gimp-2.9: gimp_wire_read(): error
Terminating plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-render-texture.py’
Querying plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py’
File “/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py”, line 30, in
from gimpfu import *
import gimp
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimp.so: undefined symbol: gimp_drawable_get_buffer

Terminating plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py’
Querying plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-resynth-sharpen.py’
File “/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-resynth-sharpen.py”, line 32, in
from gimpfu import *
import gimp

Terminating plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-resynth-sharpen.py’
Querying plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-resynth-enlarge.py’
File “/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-resynth-enlarge.py”, line 29, in
from gimpfu import *
import gimp

Terminating plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-resynth-enlarge.py’
Querying plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-uncrop.py’
File “/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-uncrop.py”, line 46, in
from gimpfu import *
import gimp

Terminating plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-uncrop.py’
Querying plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-resynth-fill-pattern.py’
File “/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-resynth-fill-pattern.py”, line 33, in
from gimpfu import *
import gimp

Terminating plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-resynth-fill-pattern.py’
Querying plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-heal-transparency.py’
File “/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-heal-transparency.py”, line 28, in
from gimpfu import *
import gimp

Terminating plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-heal-transparency.py’
Querying plug-in: ‘/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-map-style.py’
File “/usr/local/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-map-style.py”, line 110, in
from gimpfu import *
import gimp

Any hints??

Hi All,
I removed all babl+gegl+gimp versions from my pc included the one of my distro and recompiled all.
Now all works almost fine. There is some errors with resinthesizer style and heal plug-in which I reported to the developer.
Because I’m not an expert in compiling and setting all environment variables I think something pointed to the distro libs .

Cheers
Gabriele

1 Like

I don’t think that @partha’s GIMP binaries have Resynthesizer. Looks like the latest version is 2.0.1. Would anyone be willing to compile the plugin for Windows? Releases · bootchk/resynthesizer · GitHub

I have kept these for Windows users for some time, often get questions about the old version 1.0 from http://registry.gimp.org/node/27986 not working. Might help someone.

These are resynthesizer v2 that Partha compiled for Windows, both 32 bit and 64 bit + the associated python plug-ins.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gwc928wmwti30g3/resynth_win_32_64.zip Obviously for in Windows 2.9.x use 64 bit version.

For a heal-selection.py (zipped) that does not throw up deprecated procedure messages, one here. I do not use the other python scripts so never got round to fixing them.

https://www.gimp-forum.net/attachment.php?aid=649

All in one screenshot in Partha’s Gimp 2.9.6

Poor Lenna’s been resynthesized and healed :wink:

1 Like

@rich2005 would it be ok for us to mirror these files (or on our github repo)?

No problem at all. The resynthesizer archive might be better somewhere else. I once paid for the mediafire storage until they doubled the cost, so it is now ‘free’ but could vanish any time.
The updated heal-selection is on gimp-forum.net so that should be safe.

@rich2005 Thanks for the files. Haven’t tried Resynthesizer since the original version came out. There are still some warning outputs from heal selection but the important thing is that it works.

There should not be if you use the one from here:
https://www.gimp-forum.net/attachment.php?aid=649 remember to unzip it.

or add the switch --pdb-compat-mode=on

to the Windows shortcut

1 Like

Hm… I downloaded from the two links. I will try the switch later: do I apply it to the GIMP shortcut?

It works! (for me)