New Windows builds

Thanks a lot for these explanations.
Only for my curiosity : why don’t you work only on the latest version ?
Again, thank for this nice job

@luxapy I don’t understand the question.

sorry, my english is rather bad …
I wondered why not work permanently with version 3 ?

But you may have already explained and I have perhaps not understood …

I think he means why not just work on the GTK3 branch and not master also.

@luxapy - the GTK3 branch is still being tested to make sure everything works. Once they know that it is working correctly, is stable, and can replace the previous master version for everyone, they will switch to GTK3 for everything going forward. For now it’s still being tested.

Is that what you meant? :smiley:

YES :smile:
Thanks a lot !

2 Likes

I take the opportunity of a slowing down of commits :wink: to upload in filebin:
master branch W32 release an debug builds 4.2.727
gtk3 branch WinVista 32 release and debug builds 4.2.787

Edit : I am wrong, in the meantime DrSlony made a new commit to add some DCPs

1 Like

@gaaned92,
I tested your RawTherapee_WinXP_32_gtk3_release_4.2-787-gcb916f7 version and I find it very stable.
The only thing I found wrong was that the Preview image doesn’t show the image in the center. It moves to the right, perhaps something related to this bug:

It could be the monitor size too, since the 64-bit version on my PC with a bigger monitor doesn’t do that. Perhaps the GUI code needs some work in the Preview image module (when using smaller monitors), or when re-sizing RT’s window and components.

Keep up the great work :slight_smile:

I uploaded new Windows “Master” (4.2.75) builds here.
For Gtk3 builds, no changes yet since last time (Gtk3 builds still available there).

1 Like

Thanks @sguyader !
RawTherapee_WinVista_64_4.2.745 is running fine here.
The Preview image still acts out when using the mouse wheel but I think this is already known.

I don’t know why but I like this version better than the Gtk3 version… could be the older look.
If I could only have a Local Lab version.

Keep up the great work!

At least on my mediocre Windows machine, Gtk3 version needs more time to start. The difference is unimportant, about 2 seconds, but it might be the cost of beauty. Both versions work fast and fine though, thank you!

I confirm that Gtk3 needs more time to start (on Windows and on Linux).

you will find in filebin:
master branch W32 release and debug builds 4.2.745
gtk3 branch WinVista 32 release and debug builds 4.2.841

1 Like

Thanks @gaaned92! @sguyader if you could also provide 64-bit builds, I’ll upload them all to the website.

I was away from my computer, I’ll release new 64-bit builds later today. Stay tuned.

New 64-bit Windows builds are available here:

• Master (Gtk2) 4.2.752
  • Gtk3 4.2.849
1 Like

Thanks for the builds @sguyader!
RawTherapee_WinVista_64_4.2.752.exe Master is running here.
Only one crash so far but I can’t reproduce it.

1 Like

Thank you @sguyader and @gaaned92 for the builds and for using filebin… makes this much easier. Uploading master 32-bit builds, and gtk3 64-bit builds.

1 Like

Fresh Windows 64-bit builds can be downloaded from here.
If you get into trouble with these new builds, please read this and report any bug there.

3 Likes

Get the error " 401 Unauthorized" when I click on the the link to filebin.

1 Like

Thanks, I edited the link in my post above, it should work now.

2 Likes